Jeep Rental In Cozumel??

tmilak

I will be on the NCL Jade in April and want to rent a newer Jeep while in Cozumel. Anyone have experience doing so? Where doe the ship dock and what reputable company should I rent with? Just want no hassles and not concerned with price and insurance. I don't want to rent from scam artists that try to play the games I have seen in Mexico before.

Thanks

We've rented a jeep twice from Avis right at the cruise terminal. No hassles and it's super easy to find your way around. We saw everything we wanted and we're free to spend as much or as little time as we wanted.

Thank you. Did you book online or at the counter?

We've rented a jeep twice from Avis right at the cruise terminal. No hassles and it's super easy to find your way around. We saw everything we wanted and we're free to spend as much or as little time as we wanted.

I take it a US Drivers License is acceptable? We rented a moped in Bermuda and drove on the left side of the road. Pretty sure if we did that we could do about anything.

We rent from ISIS when we ferry over to Coz, they are a block or 2 from the ferry terminal in town. So not as convenient to the cruise ship pier. But an excellent outfit and very reputable, we use them both on Cozumel and in Playa Del Carmen.

http://www.islacozumel.net/services/isis/

A car is sufficient as the island is flat and the roads are in great shape. Their prices are between $35 and $55 for a small convertible or hardtop car with all insurance and tax included.

US drivers license is all you need along with a credit card for any potential damages. Would suggest getting the collision and and liability insurance there, especially when there on a cruise for just one day.

Edited by blue_water