Booking 2 Princess Grill guarantees...

dadsbdaycruiser

We are booked in a P2 guarantee on a 9 day transatlantic crossing (first leg of the Queen Elizabeth world cruise). The only Princess Grill available, was a P2 guarantee, which I am fine with as all the Princess Grill cabins would work well for us. Our friends have decided they would like to come on the cruise as well, and their only option is a P2 guarantee. I understand we might not have cabins next to each other (or even on the same deck), but my concern is if one of us gets upgraded to Queens Grill and the other does not, that we will be dining in separate dining rooms- if we are both are upgraded to Queens Grill that is obviously fine as well (I have traveled in both PG and QG and like them both). I know we can request the 2 bookings be linked for dining, but will that prevent them from upgrading one of us and not the other? If so, would it be possible for the Queens Grill passenger request that they dine in Princess Grill? Just wanting to understand how this works... Thanks!!

The best way to ensure you can dine together would be to have both your bookings marked no upgrade.

I had that in my mind to say that at first but then I saw that the OP mentions that they booked guarantees.

Edited by Ray66

We are booked in a P2 guarantee on a 9 day transatlantic crossing (first leg of the Queen Elizabeth world cruise). The only Princess Grill available, was a P2 guarantee, which I am fine with as all the Princess Grill cabins would work well for us. Our friends have decided they would like to come on the cruise as well, and their only option is a P2 guarantee. I understand we might not have cabins next to each other (or even on the same deck), but my concern is if one of us gets upgraded to Queens Grill and the other does not, that we will be dining in separate dining rooms- if we are both are upgraded to Queens Grill that is obviously fine as well (I have traveled in both PG and QG and like them both). I know we can request the 2 bookings be linked for dining, but will that prevent them from upgrading one of us and not the other? If so, would it be possible for the Queens Grill passenger request that they dine in Princess Grill? Just wanting to understand how this works... Thanks!!

I know many people get frustrated with Cunard but my experience is that the first port of call in these situations is to talk with someone at Cunard - in nearly all my experiences they will work in your interests. My suggestion would be to ask them to try and accommodate you in adjacent or nearby PG suites. The Maitre 'd can ensure you share a dining table. To try an engineer two upgrades is perhaps a bit unrealistic.

When we had similar concerns, as a group of three cabins,

we where once upgraded to QG ( all three cabins!) and another time all the cabins where close to each other or adjacent.

You can have two bookings earmarked as "combined" so no one will be upgraded without the other one.

The safest bet is to mark the bookings for no upgrade. In either event, link the booking to dine together so you are assigned the same table.

I had a recent assigned P1 with a P2 guarantee second cabin (only one P1 was available for assign at the time we booked). When the guarantee was assigned, I called Cunard to see if it could be moved a little closer - they said that policy as of recent is that they are not permitted to move assigned guarantee rooms. This was not the end of the world, as we were on the same side and same general region - this I did not make a fuss when I was told no.

Has anyone else had a different experience moving an assigned guarantee cabin?

Has anyone else had a different experience moving an assigned guarantee cabin?

Yes, once we were assigned a cabin that did not appeal to us so we phoned and they listed those that were available - we chose one and they moved us.