Ordering a cake for a birthday

amydresh

We leave on Jan 15 and my son's birthday is Jan 18. Do I have to order a cake right now? If I order from the fun shops now, will it be delivered right at embarkation? I would want the cake fresh for his actual birthday dinner. Can I just order once on board for dinner on the 18th?

You can specify online what day you want it delivered and you may be able to specify the place. To be sure that it is delivered at the time and place you desire it may be best to wait until you are onboard. The dining room staff will sing Happy Birthday when the cake is delivered.

Either way you order it you can specify size (the large is only about $12 and will serve up to 10), flavor (I think it's chocolate-chocolate or vanilla-strawberry), what is to be written on it, sugar or diet, where (cabin or dining room with the waiters singing) and when (date, lunch-dinner). We usually do it once onboard only for the reassurance of speaking to a PERSON face to face. Enjoy the cruise!

31206238411_1320143e7d.jpg

It sounds like waiting till on board would work best. That's good to know, thank you all so much for the quick replies! :)

I would order it Day 1 to be sure it can be delivered on his birthday. On Magic in May, we had to a wait a day for delivery because of all the orders they had.

We leave on Jan 15 and my son's birthday is Jan 18. Do I have to order a cake right now? If I order from the fun shops now, will it be delivered right at embarkation? I would want the cake fresh for his actual birthday dinner. Can I just order once on board for dinner on the 18th?

Order it when you board and they will bring it when and where you want.

It sounds like waiting till on board would work best. That's good to know, thank you all so much for the quick replies! :)

If you want to wait order the cake on board, go to the Cherry On Top shop. It's very easy to place your order there. ;)

The cake is good, don't get me wrong. I ordered one not for a birthday, but for my parents because we cruised on their 50th anniversary.

It was a lovely cake, and it sat in the suite - mainly untouched. None of us felt like eating much beyond what we already were being served or had available to us. Most of it ended up being thrown out.

Just a thought - you all can order whatever desserts you want & they are available in the MDR for lunch & dinner, & the buffets. Unless things have changed, the waiters will come out in a large group with a slice of cake for the birthday person & sing "Happy Birthday" if they know it is their birthday. You can inform your travel agent or PVP, or guest services (do it in advance of the birthday though) on board the ship.

When you order it you pick when it will be delivered. You can order it before you board or after you board. It's all the same.