Car rental

grantime

There are not any rental companies directly at the port.. If you rent with Budget, Alamo or Thrifty, airport location, they do provide a free shuttle pick up at the port, any other company and you will have to take a taxi.. With the free shuttle, you will need to show a copy of your reservation to the driver.

We've rented from Budget at their 2nd Ave location. It's about 5 mins away and they have a free shuttle. I've already reserved cars for before and after our cruise in March. There are several BCD codes out there to try, some of them give pretty good deals.

We've rented from Budget at their 2nd Ave location. It's about 5 mins away and they have a free shuttle. I've already reserved cars for before and after our cruise in March. There are several BCD codes out there to try, some of them give pretty good deals.

In addition the OP if a member of Costco should try pricing their rental thru them....I've usually gotten the best deal this way.

We're returning a rental to the Budget 2nd Ave. location prior to a cruise. But many of the major players are in the same vicinity, with a few blocks--Hertz, Enterprise, Avis, Alamo. I'm surprised they don't all have shuttles from the port, since it's so close, less than 10 minutes.

How do I rent a car at the Norwegion Port of Miami when the cruise is over. I need details of how to do it. What is the best way to do it?

First understand PortMiami is one big port with multiple terminals all lined up with one boulevard that runs past each terminal.

Alamo, National, Enterprise and maybe a couple other companies operate a free shuttle bus that rotates through all the terminals and then goes to the Rental Car Facility at MIA where you can pick up a car. Of course it would be best to make reservations in advance, especially since the bus drivers will ask to see your reservation before you board.

I would advise against taking a taxi to a local rental location because they get crushed by all the other cruisers and many times they run out of cars. MIA will not run out of cars and they set up for volume traffic.