New Americas Test Kitchen Claases

CGYCruisingFamily

Sorry if this has been asked but I only found one thread in my quick search... has anyone yet taken the new hands on class? If so, how was it?

We did a hands on once and it was such a disappointment since the Chef Tournant wouldn't let us do anything. We really want to try again with the new program but am hoping for feedback...

I tried to do a class but since the 5 star Mariners get priority for their free classes, there was no room for those of us who wanted to pay. I have yet to see a review of the classes here on CC. Keep in mind that it's still only offered on one ship (Westerdam). IIRC it will be offered on the NA next, if not already, followed by the other ships.

I did one of the $29 classes last year on Nieuw Amsterdam. Signed up as soon as I got on board. We had a demonstration and then we broke into pairs or trios and made one of the dishes. Because of culinary health restrictions, we couldn't eat what we made - we did taste it though:D

and then went the Pinnacle where the head chef made the exact meal for us - with lots of wine:)

Really enjoyed it and would definitely do it again. Think you need to make the booking desk your first stop as soon as you board. The other thing I would do is head immediately to the Pinnacle restaurant and sign up for the food and wine pairing dinner. I waited til the next day and it was sold out. I have done it before and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I also booked Tamarind before I got on board because I heard it sells out quickly. Great new addition to the specialty restaurants.

Edited by cruisingxpert

It looked like they were going to have it up and going on the NA in late Nov/early Dec.

Can anyone who has been on the NA recently confirm if its up and running?

Thanks

I checked the HAL website and it says that it will start on the NA in 2017. We were on the Westerdam in October which happened to be the first cruise with ATK. There was a second ATK chef onboard the Westerdam; he was going to be the ATK chef on the NA when it was implemented.

The website said that all ships should have ATK by June/17.

On NADM now. No cooking class

No test kitchen yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's a shame Why not keep the old classes until the new ones start?

Bon Voyage. I saw you waving your Candycane on the webcam. I didn't know what it was but someone on the sailaway said it was a candy cane.