Resort for a day

Jdragon95

We did the Hilton a while back.

It was OK, pretty close to the ships.

We checked it out last year but the price increased alot so we just walked farther to the public beach.

If you go to the Hilton, no need to book anything in advance.

You can just walk in.

We've been to the Melia....back when it was a Raddisson property and bought the day pass. I think the price has gone up considerably. We paid $25 at that time. You might want to call them and see what it is now. However......I was very happy with the property. We haven't been in a while because every time we have been there.....the ship leaves at 2 o'clock and there is just not enough time to justify the cost.

We did the colonial Hilton thru resorts and did pay a slight premium. Maybe $35 in total for 5 of us

Fwiw you could give me free transport free loungers and umbrella and free food and drinks ....but no way would I set foot on a public beach in Nassau

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why not?:confused:

Why not?:confused:

I do not find Nassau as pleasant or as safe as other Carib ports

If this is your 1st time there you will not understand this....yet

If you are a Nassau veteran .....you should understand my thoughts

If you want to make more out of my opinion to start trouble ...well that's another story

Been there 2x

1st time walked straight to colonial Hilton with a group of 7

2nd time ships excursion straight to Atlantis which was well run and no complaints

Almost got hit by a moped rider on second trip though while crossing the street right in front of the port As a matter of fact he seemed to speed up when he saw me.

Good thing I was able to move fast as it was obvious he wasn't slowing down and would have hit me and it would have been bad

I'm not alone in my feeling about Nassau btw

Edited by luvtheships

We've done all three. Did the Hilton back in the day when it was !15, no voucher. Nice day, small pool and beach, worth the $15. Did Atlantis twice. It was really fun, to me only worth it with older kids/adults, when you have a full day, not at a peak time, not paying a high ship excursion price. Did melia when it was the Sheraton and $25, great pools, beautiful beach, nicer than the Hilton, preferred Atlantis beach though, gorgeous.

We just ate a big breakfast, and took some granola bars with us. Ate again when we were back on the ship.

We've done all three. Did the Hilton back in the day when it was !15, no voucher. Nice day, small pool and beach, worth the $15. Did Atlantis twice. It was really fun, to me only worth it with older kids/adults, when you have a full day, not at a peak time, not paying a high ship excursion price. Did melia when it was the Sheraton and $25, great pools, beautiful beach, nicer than the Hilton, preferred Atlantis beach though, gorgeous.

We just ate a big breakfast, and took some granola bars with us. Ate again when we were back on the ship.

Great thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We did the Hilton a while back.

If you go to the Hilton, no need to book anything in advance.

You can just walk in.

how much is the walk up rate? I was looking at booking it ahead of time and the best I could do was 60pp with 40 in food/drink vouchers.

how much is the walk up rate? I was looking at booking it ahead of time and the best I could do was 60pp with 40 in food/drink vouchers.

We are considering going here during our stop at Nassau, and we're going to buy our passes online because they are $5 cheaper online.

Sent from Tapatalk

I think it was more than $60. We balked because there are 4 of us and it would have been around $240 +.

That's pretty high to sit at a beach for a few hours, even if they give you a bunch of food/bev credit which you might not use up in time.

We kept walking down the road and there was a public beach much the same as Hiltons.

The place was fine, plenty of other people from the ships.

Don't listen to the one's who say " I will never set foot on a public beach".

Some people just can't handle Nassau.......

I think it was more than $60. We balked because there are 4 of us and it would have been around $240 +.

That's pretty high to sit at a beach for a few hours, even if they give you a bunch of food/bev credit which you might not use up in time.

We kept walking down the road and there was a public beach much the same as Hiltons.

The place was fine, plenty of other people from the ships.

Don't listen to the one's who say " I will never set foot on a public beach".

Some people just can't handle Nassau.......

I agree and I'm one of those masses who can't handle Nassau

Why?

Because I've been to so many other gorgeous Carib beaches and islands with much nicer locals that Nassau just isn't worth the effort for me

The locals in st marten at the great beach that's walking distance from the ship put the Nassau locals to shame

Just not comfortable in Nassau.

Edited by luvtheships

• 1 month later...
I agree and I'm one of those masses who can't handle Nassau

Why?

Because I've been to so many other gorgeous Carib beaches and islands with much nicer locals that Nassau just isn't worth the effort for me

The locals in st marten at the great beach that's walking distance from the ship put the Nassau locals to shame

Just not comfortable in Nassau.

Completely agree!! I'm another who wouldn't go to a public beach in Nassau, for the same reasons you have listed. Safety is a concern, and I feel like the locals aren't very welcoming or friendly towards tourists.

I was so impressed with St. Martin the times I've been there on cruises, I spent 2 months there with my young son 2 summers ago. We went to just about every single public beach on the island, (around 30) and it was AMAZING!! Never felt unsafe, and the locals are wonderful people!! Definitely not the same in Nassau.