Reflection delayed getting into San Juan

Scott2.0

We're arriving three hours late into SJ and our day is ruined. Why wouldn't they give us the time back by departing later? Our next port call is nearby. Not happy with this. Basically it is what it is and tough if you don't like it. I was really looking forward to having the whole afternoon in OSJ. Just venting more than anything I suppose.

Scott, from the bottom of my heart...I want to apologize for my dumb remark to you. I was in a bad place....went on CC to get my mind off things and I took it out on you. I am truly sorry. I do understand missing ports, etc. It can be very upsetting, especially when you have plans and are soooo looking forward to it. I hope you still were able to have a good time and were able to see some of San Juan. It is a wonderful city. Have a GREAT cruise and I hope you come back and update us! :):):)

No worries at all! I hope the surgery went well. Again, I completely agree that there are much bigger fish to fry. Having really looked forward to that day in port it was a disappointment but surely not the end of the world. We ended up having a great, albeit short, evening in OSJ.

• 3 weeks later...
We're arriving three hours late into SJ and our day is ruined. Why wouldn't they give us the time back by departing later? Our next port call is nearby. Not happy with this. Basically it is what it is and tough if you don't like it. I was really looking forward to having the whole afternoon in OSJ. Just venting more than anything I suppose.

I know this is totally off topic but I saw you had a thread a couple years back where you were staying in Cabin 1077 on Silhouette. We have that cabin booked for our April sailing. How was the cabin? Did you have any issues with view or darkness as you feared? Thank you!

I am so sorry for your woes. I am sitting in the waiting room as my dear friend is having open heart surgery. Hope your day gets better.

That's not good news, sorry to hear that.

Edited by Gerrym

I totally get the point, with all the problems people have, being on a cruise and being a few hours late is nothing to complain about. Some people just like to complain about everything, instead of enjoying what you have, the majority would love to have been in that persons place on the ship, even if it were late.

That probably applies to 50% of the post on CC!

Sorry your time in San Juan was shortened. We missed Costa Maya on a cruise once because the seas were too rough to attempt docking. It ended up being fortuitous because we continued on to Cozumel and got TWO days in port! We had never done that before and it was really a great experience staying over night in a port!

I know this is totally off topic but I saw you had a thread a couple years back where you were staying in Cabin 1077 on Silhouette. We have that cabin booked for our April sailing. How was the cabin? Did you have any issues with view or darkness as you feared? Thank you!

It was great! Perfect location and there was no darkness to speak of. You'll love it!

I am so sorry for your woes. I am sitting in the waiting room as my dear friend is having open heart surgery. Hope your day gets better.

I personally loved this post. :)

You are on vacation.. enjoy it by making the best of any situation. Not everything is going to go as planned... guess what.. you are on vacation. Most people in the world cannot afford to go on any vacation.

We were on the same cruise and at least they were able to keep us informed on the delay and reasons for the delay. The weather that cruise was definitely out of the ordinary; we spoke to many seasoned carib cruisers that confirmed the weather was just wonky.

• 1 month later...
It was great! Perfect location and there was no darkness to speak of. You'll love it!

One more question! Getting excited as our trip is less than 50 days away! Can you tell me the location of the bed in this cabin? Near the bathroom or near the balcony? Did it face forward or aft? Just need to put a vision to my daydreams, ha. Thank you!

One more question! Getting excited as our trip is less than 50 days away! Can you tell me the location of the bed in this cabin? Near the bathroom or near the balcony? Did it face forward or aft? Just need to put a vision to my daydreams, ha. Thank you!

I don't remember which way it faced, but it was closer to the balcony. Enjoy, I'm jealous!

Hi, Scott2.0. I hope the rest of your trip goes as planned! My first cruise was with RCL, and an hour out of port, they announced that we would be skipping the first stop (private island) because one of the propellers was damaged in transit from the Gulf. We went straight to San Juan and spent the night there. Ironically, this kind of got me hooked on cruising! There was something about the unpredictability that appealed to me (oddly, as I am more likely too be annoyed by the unexpected at home!). Plus they threw some onboard credit at us (this isn't the only reason I didn't mind!!!). However, if you ever feel that you need to make a stand and hold on to your principles and just simply cannot stay on board, then I will support your decision and maintain your cabin in your absence. No, no. Don't thank me. It's the least I can do. (Air, transfers, and expenses not included). Fight the power!!! (I bit my tongue a lot on that last one).

Hi Scott, I completely get the disappointment as we plan and research so much for these trips. But after a scary situation I would choose to go around the weather anytime. This is extreme but will perhaps make you feel better about your situation haha. We were on the RCCL Anthem of the Seas last year from Bayonne NJ down to Florida. They took us through a big storm with 150 MPh winds and 30 foot waves. The floors in the promenade were flooded and furniture was flying all over the place. The captain sent everyone to their cabins and it was the scariest 12 hours of my life. The ship was tilted so far at times we seriously wondered if this was it. Obviously that is a rare occurrence but appreciate what you do have and go have some cocktails for us! :-)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We missed San Juan as well in 2/13! To make a long story short, we left Miami late because we were waiting for Canadian passengers. It was nice that Celebrity did that for those passengers, but they were not honest about the reason they were late. They told us it was due to weather in Canada but it was actually because of a computer glitch on a Celebrity chartered flight. We were disappointed to learn that weather had nothing to do with it. Evidently, San Juan is missed quite a bit from what I remember in reading posts around that time!

We had to cancel our excursions as I am sure you did as well. I hope the rest of your trip is smooth sailing as ours was! We love the Reflection!

To the poster about the heart surgery, I was happy to see that you apologized. I wish there weren't so many negative and sarcastic posts on this site!