Breeze or Freedom

Newe08

I searched the forums but couldn't find any recent posts about this. We'll be doing a 7 day out of Galveston in January 2018 and I go back and forth deciding between the Breeze or Freedom. We're in our mid 30's, don't party too much anymore, likes to relax...you know the usual!! :) I know the Breeze is a little bigger, but are there many other differences or no?

Chris

If there are no other factors, I would do the Breeze because it is bigger, newer, and nicer. I really liked the Breeze over the Valor (sister ship to the Freedom.) Of course, the Freedom has the 2.0 upgrades now that the Valor did not have when I sailed.

That being said, my cruise on the Freedom leaves next week!! This is an extended family cruise so we had to go with what worked best for everyone but I know I will have a wonderful time on whichever ship I sail!

I like both ships. Breeze has the ropes course, which I really liked. However, Breeze doesn't have an adult pool, whereas Freedom's aft pool is adult only. Both have the serenity adult area with hot tubs. I like the Red Frog Pub with the outdoor patio area on Breeze. If I think I'm gonna spend a lot of time around the pool, I would lean toward Freedom's adult pool. Otherwise, I would probably do Breeze. My choice could also be influenced by pricing, since I do like both of them.

We choose the Freedom because it was $1000 CAD less expensive than the Breeze for the time that we are cruising. (Family of 6 in 2 adjoining ocean view cabins)

We can do a lot of shore excursions and other activities for the $750 USD that this saves us.

Never been on the Freedom, but I despise the layout of the Lido deck.

We LOVE the Dream class ships. Have been on the Breeze twice, and are taking our first cruise on the Magic in June.

Just bigger, nicer, more appointed ships.......

Whatever you choose, I am sure you will have an AMAZING cruise!!!:D

Enjoy!

I would suggest a spa area room on the Breeze. The Thallosotherapy pool and steam rooms are great for relaxing. The rooms are quiet and the area is great! Never been on Freedom, so cannot comment on the ship, but the Breeze is great. Have a great cruise! :D:D