The World

One one of the other discussion boards I frequent there is a poster who has a friend with an apartment. He has been on one leg (think it was from Iceland to Quebec) and is going to be on one through the Ross Sea in January. Half his luck :) I want a friend like that.

He sent me a link for rental of apartments - eye watering!

To buy there is a minimum disposal income amount which you must meet to even get to look at an apartment.

Der - it's a minimum disposable income!!!!

One one of the other discussion boards I frequent there is a poster who has a friend with an apartment. He has been on one leg (think it was from Iceland to Quebec) and is going to be on one through the Ross Sea in January. Half his luck :) I want a friend like that.

He sent me a link for rental of apartments - eye watering!

To buy there is a minimum disposal income amount which you must meet to even get to look at an apartment.

Jealous he is doing the Ross Sea - he will love hearing the stories of my lecturer friend. I did Ross Sea last year so I have to stay satisfied :(

I got sent all the application paperwork back when the apartments first went on sale years ago - yes eyewatering. And super strict. I live in a body corp now and there was ten times the paperwork. No parties ! LOL.

Jealous he is doing the Ross Sea - he will love hearing the stories of my lecturer friend. I did Ross Sea last year so I have to stay satisfied :(

I got sent all the application paperwork back when the apartments first went on sale years ago - yes eyewatering. And super strict. I live in a body corp now and there was ten times the paperwork. No parties ! LOL.

Oh, well that's the deal breaker for me. No loud bogan parties with doof doof music thumping away disturbing everyone within several km till the wee hours and guests throwing up in the corridors! That's just not on :):D

Edited by Aussieflyer

I was surprised that the World could cruise to the Ross Sea. Does it have a high ice rating?

I was surprised that the World could cruise to the Ross Sea. Does it have a high ice rating?

I have seen its rating somewhere but cant find it mentioned anywhere on its current website (most darn secretive website in the world it is !). Its been to Antarctica on the peninsular side several times already but this is its first Ross Sea time. I doubt it will be going as deep down as Drygalski ice tongue or McMurdo etc as we did - as the ice coverage is pretty heavy there.

But its itinerary is flexible enough to head as far as it can. My lecturer friend has been in the AAD since the 1960s so they will have a serious expert on board. I also recollect for the earlier Antarctica trips they had an additional ice captain on board who had north and south polar experience so I am assuming they will do that again.

Sighhhhhhh I need a green with envy smiley. This one is too cheerful :D