Re: Breeze Two Words That Will Ruin Your Cruise

Cruiseathoning

Makes you wonder what those people were expecting when they sailed the Sunshine? That is why I don't care what someone's opinion of a ship is. I do care about facts (does it have a Guy's or not and such) but someone's opinion doesn't mean diddly without knowing exactly what they like or don't like in life as compared to what I do and don't like in life which is why I never use someone's opinion to determine what ship I do or don't sail.

As for me, I enjoyed the Sunshine very much. Not my favorite ship (Glory and Liberty hold that spot) but very enjoyable.

Exactly!

Proud "sunshine hugger" here.

Those who hated it so much are free not to go back. That is if they've been on it to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Then there are the very negative reviews by experienced by Carnival cruises who have sailed on the Sunshine, what is their agenda? Many, many reviewers who have sailed the sunshine report the same negatives. The Sunshine got as high 63% of cruisers loving it, it is now 58% due to the nevers according to the Sunshine huggers, I don't think so....Need lipstick?

Let's start with the obvious question that comes to mind.....have sailed on her?

Four times we sailed her , still not my favorite ship. Exception the water works is amazingly fast .

Edited by BoDidly

And you didn't figure that out the first 3 times? :D

There is a power in my home that I highly fear. It comes with all sorts of tiny smiley faces that has the tendency to wrinkle those smiles if they hear the word No . Did I mention that the water works is extremely fast :eek: ;)

You are very right. I just came off NCL Getaway for Thanksgiving and we had a good cruise. Staff was always friendly and smiling and pleasant. Hearing some others complain so much that on the same cruise as me, I couldn't believe we were on the same cruise. I guess I am not incredibly demanding either, if I have clean towels every couple days and a towel animal for my daughter I'm happy. I can always find something to eat that I like, you won't like it all. That's life.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have been on 50 plus cruises on many cruise lines and all types of ships. Never been disappointed. Nothing is perfect but I think a traveler must be informed. Needing to know the culture on the ship, the weaknesses of the ship or itinerary, and looking for something positive when a snafu happens. When i read about the catastrophes made public on specific cruises I can say the only times I think would have been unhappy is if I were on the CCL Triumph poop cruise, Premier (Big Red Boat) go bankrupt cruise where all passengers were stranded, Ecstasy Fire cruise, and the Titanic cruise.

I unfortunately see both sides to this issue (This has been a trend since the 2016 election campaign began for me, I always have to agree with both sides....)

I 100% agree that people go onto ships with unrealistic expectations and get their feelings hurt when they get onboard. That could either be from too much research, or a lack thereof it. Some people will never be fully pleased, and like someone stated earlier, will always see the glass as half empty. These people are free to never cruise that ship or line again, as many of us who enjoy the advantages of Carnival will be able to have more of it to ourselves and others onboard who enjoy cruising Carnival. I also notice that one negative review of a ship will average about 300 responses in a thread, while a negative having about 150-200. This shows that people are much more likely to voice and react to negative opinions of a cruise ship, making it hard for anyone who notices these things (ie: has been on this site long enough) to trust just one review.

But then again, I am all for understanding what you look for out of a vacation. My parents love cruising and all-inclusives, but religiously worship all-inclusives. No matter what way they hype up their vacation, I still cannot get my head around paying 3x more money, paying for everyone else's alcohol, and spending 10 days in the same place, on the same beach. I just can't, I would get bored. I like all-inclusives and have enjoyed my time in them, but for me I could not do one for more than 5 or 6 nights. But that doesn't mean that all-inclusives are bad, it just means that it is not MY ideal way to spend 10 days.

With that being said, I think it is perfectly fine for people to look at reviews of the Sunshine and other ships, see the repeated negatives over different reviews, and decide that the ship is not for them. I know many people do not like having to search heavily for deck chairs and wait in longer-than-usual lines for food (not from personal experience, just things I have seen repeated in both negative and positive reviews of the ship), and for some, that will make or break their whole trip. So electing not to cruise on Sunshine due to repeated negative reviews about something that matters in a cruiser's vacation is not a bad thing. In theory, this keeps the nay-sayers away, leaving more room for those that want to be there.

Negative reviews can also be a good thing. When I saw the great deal I received for my MSC Divina cruise, I was nervous with the number of reviews I saw that portrayed her in a negative light. However, once I started reading the reviews, I realized the main source of complaints came from the different types of food many Americans are not used to, the longer dinners (appears as if service is slow), and the lack of people asking you if you want things like drinks and promotions, leading you to have to ask for them yourself. I for one see this as a great thing, as I LOVE European travel. As an American, I really agree and align with the travel style of many Europeans, and I am fortunate to have traveled through Europe and have gone on many European-style-oriented trips in my day to know that this is what I like. The cruisers negative review actually solidified my booking, and I am SO happy to cruise Divina in August!

But with all that being said, I know I, plus many of Sunshine's critics, have not been onboard her. So in no way is this directed in Sunshine in particular. I would definitely cruise on Sunshine, if given a good price and itinerary of course. Just throwing my general thoughts out there :)

I have read about springs in backs, hair in food, filth on walls, and so forth.T

I just got off the breeze this past Sunday and some of these claims I saw. One of our beds had a spring that kept popping. The buffet food was always cold. And there was filth on the cloud wall in the atrium. Someone thought it was funny I guess to drop ice cream down the wall from the top and as the cruise went on I saw more and more drops of food spilled down the cloud wall. However I did not let any of this ruin my cruise. I had a great time and would sail the breeze again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a power in my home that I highly fear. It comes with all sorts of tiny smiley faces that has the tendency to wrinkle those smiles if they hear the word No . Did I mention that the water works is extremely fast :eek: ;)

I bow to your reasoning. :)

I still like the Sunshine though. ;)

Let's start with the obvious question that comes to mind.....have sailed on her?

No, I have not sailed on the Sunshine and I will not. I have very carefully read the reviews both good and bad and the repeated same negative findings of other cruises out weigh the good for me. The Sunshine remains the lowest rated ship and there is a reason for it. I can't remember reading any review posted here on Cruise Critic that the poster did not sail on her, if I did I would completely ignore it. Why would I have to sail on her to comment about the lowest rating she has in the fleet. I don't want to spend the $$$ only to find out I should have followed my decision not to sail her...

No, I have not sailed on the Sunshine and I will not. I have very carefully read the reviews both good and bad and the repeated same negative findings of other cruises out weigh the good for me. The Sunshine remains the lowest rated ship and there is a reason for it. I can't remember reading any review posted here on Cruise Critic that the poster did not sail on her, if I did I would completely ignore it. Why would I have to sail on her to comment about the lowest rating she has in the fleet. I don't want to spend the $$$ only to find out I should have followed my decision not to sail her...

I believe you just validated my original post. Of course , it is your right to sail on whatever ship you want. You have not sailed her (which is fine) yet feel compelled to offer up negative comments on a ship and as a reference, offer some meaningless percentage of reviews from the base site (which are most often always negative as a rule). Your mention of lipstick (meaning they are trying make something bad vs good by clever means) furthers the point. Hence the use of the word agenda....you have a negative one when it comes to the Sunshine.

I believe you just validated my original post. Of course , it is your right to sail on whatever ship you want. You have not sailed her (which is fine) yet feel compelled to offer up negative comments on a ship and as a reference, offer some meaningless percentage of reviews from the base site (which are most often always negative as a rule). Your mention of lipstick (meaning they are trying make something bad vs good by clever means) furthers the point. Hence the use of the word agenda....you have a negative one when it comes to the Sunshine.

Show me a negative comment I made about the sunshine other then pointing out it is the lowest rated ship in the Carnival fleet. You may not put much faith in reviews but I do. I read reviews on much of what I buy and find them very helpful . I believe the theater and the comedy club needs some lipstick, maybe more reviewers would have less negativity about those venues. Again, what negative comment have I made. Only pointing out the fact it has an approval rating of only 58%, lowest in the Carnival fleet, here on cruise critic. I assume that you think that is my negative comment.. Oh well, then I plead guilty of pointing out the 58% which is negative in my view...

Edited by gklow