A2 Concierge Stateroom - Would you...and which deck?

Iamthesea

The price of my cruise has gone down and we could now trade our B3 (extended veranda) for an A2...same rate.

Would you upgrade and lose the extended veranda for the same rate? Just for reference, we have stayed in one of the B3's and did enjoy our veranda when it was too cool and windy to be up on the top decks. ;) This is for a week long Caribbean cruise in February.

I am aware of the "perks" of upgrading. This is on the Marina, so I also know that there is no pool on the Terrace Spa, and only 2 hot tubs.

If you would upgrade, which deck...9 or 10?

I'm with Lyn. I'd keep the extended balcony unless you think you would use the Concierge Lounge. In that case, get a Deck 9 one to be closer to Lounge.

7128 is available on your cruise. That is the Penthouse with the extended balcony. I would be asking your TA how much to upsell to that.

Practically all the Vista Suites are not booked either. Somebody is going to get a good offer.

I wish! :D

Paying to upgrade to a PH would be about $800 pp more. We decided early on that we were going to keep this cruise economical.

Refresh my memory on the C-Lounge. Are there complimentary alcoholic drinks available? That would be a good way to save on a couple of evening drinks. Then we would use our OBC for the remainder of any drinking we did. Instead of buying the package that DH still thinks we should do.;)

I wish! :D

Paying to upgrade to a PH would be about $800 pp more. We decided early on that we were going to keep this cruise economical.

Refresh my memory on the C-Lounge. Are there complimentary alcoholic drinks available? That would be a good way to save on a couple of evening drinks. Then we would use our OBC for the remainder of any drinking we did. Instead of buying the package that DH still thinks we should do.;)

If you're looking for economy, I'd forget about Concierge, altogether.

Cabin sizes, below the Suite level, are identical on Oceania, and the other Concierge Benefits don't justify the cost, IMHO.

No alcoholic beverages - just coffee, soft drinks etc.

Keep watching penthouses. I had an upsell to a penthouse on a 7 day cruise for $700 pp and friends on same cruise waited. 4 days before sailing they got the penthouse for $250pp.

OK, no switching to CC. I agree with everyone that moving would not be a good move unless drinks were involved.

I already knew that the staterooms were the same, although I do wonder if the bed would be any more comfortable than the bed we had on the Riviera. :eek: I'm sure hoping that was a fluke. Not looking forward to another semi- sleepless cruise if it's the same bed.

cruisingxpert - Did you and your friend ask for the upsell? :confused: And what did you upgrade from?

I already knew that the staterooms were the same, although I do wonder if the bed would be any more comfortable than the bed we had on the Riviera. :eek: I'm sure hoping that was a fluke. Not looking forward to another semi- sleepless cruise if it's the same bed.

Maybe you just got a well used bed ..never had a problem on Oceania with the beds

Princess beds are another story

cruisingxpert - Did you and your friend ask for the upsell? :confused: And what did you upgrade from?

I was in a B3 and they were in a B2. We both told our travel agent that we were interested in an upsell offer. I had no willpower:D and took the first offer because it was one of the 4 extended balcony ones on Deck 7 and they had nerves of steel and waited. Usually I hear about 3 weeks before sailing.

I was in a B3 and they were in a B2. We both told our travel agent that we were interested in an upsell offer. I had no willpower:D and took the first offer because it was one of the 4 extended balcony ones on Deck 7 and they had nerves of steel and waited. Usually I hear about 3 weeks before sailing.

I guess it is worth a try. ;)

Maybe you just got a well used bed ..never had a problem on Oceania with the beds

Princess beds are another story

It was terrible! Does this look comfortable? We were very disappointed as all we ever heard was how wonderful the Oceania beds were.

Tried to upload photos. Unsuccessful. The mattress was WELL worn, lumpy, dipped to one side, crooked, etc. We did ask for a different one and it was a bit better. Never have we had to ask for a new mattress on any of our cruises.