Marina - Deck 7 Balconies Rooms 7000, 2, 4, 6 and 8

daveispar

My Wife and just signed up for the 10 night, June 2nd Cruise from Southampton to Copenhagen on the Marina. We have booked room 7008 on Deck 7. My TA says the balcony is 118 sq ft, as opposed to the normal 42 sq ft. Has anbody stayed in one of these big balcony rooms recently ? Did you like them ? Any advantages or disadvantages ? Does anybody have any pictures ? Thanks in advance.

My Wife and just signed up for the 10 night, June 2nd Cruise from Southampton to Copenhagen on the Marina. We have booked room 7008 on Deck 7. My TA says the balcony is 118 sq ft, as opposed to the normal 42 sq ft. Has anbody stayed in one of these big balcony rooms recently ? Did you like them ? Any advantages or disadvantages ? Does anybody have any pictures ? Thanks in advance.

b_154320.jpg

This photo is of the opposite side of the Marina, but it gives a good perspective of what those forward extended verandas look like.

165911.jpg If you follow the blue line on the hull to it's leftmost end, you will see the veranda of 7009, which is the mirror image of 7008.

The + is the large size balcony. The balcony comes with normal furniture, two chairs and a table. You can request a lounge chair and it may or may not be granted depending on how crowded the ship is.

The negatives -- cabin is darker than a normal cabin as less light gets in because of the depth and the partitions (you can see from Stan and Jim photo). Also the hallway can be a bit noisy as there is lots of crew traffic in the morning as there are access doors at the end of the hall.

In all still a plus.