san juan-virgin islands

ballantraefrank

I noticed that Prickly Pear National Park is on the North Sound. We have been to the Baths twice by water so we would like to see a bit of the island and walk down to them this time. I guess we will need to book the "Highlights and Bath Tour." Hopefully, they won't pack us like sardines in the van or bus. :cool: Since it is only 4 hours long, we will still have time to spend at Prickly Pear. Please report back Tugboat - we still have 50 days.

They are not going to Prickly Pear this year rather Fischer Cove a short drive to the Baths

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are not going to Prickly Pear this year rather Fischer Cove a short drive to the Baths

Now, I'm confused! It sounded like J18ktleo just went to Prickly Pear. We're on the Windstar Legend. How did you find out that they are going to Fischer Cove?

We just got back from Yachtsman on 1/21-28 and we went to Fischer's Cove- really nice place , great facilities , wi- fi , nice bathrooms etc. - plenty of chairs - 10 minutes from Bath's by taxi I believe - after you get off tender Fischer's Cove is 5 minutes away - some people had previously been on this cruise last year and went to Prickly Pear and liked this place better ! Enjoy !

Would love to hear your thoughts on the cruise...how was it?

The cruise was excellent!

I had 7 cabins in my group so everywhere we went everyone knew we were the 'group of 14 girls'!

Service was excellent, food was good....we asked the Head Waiter on the second day if we could do a galley tour as quite a few in my group had never done one, the next morning they had it set up for us!

The deck BBQ was incredible...food there was really good but sadly at around 8:15 (was scheduled from 7-9) the skies opened up and poured!!!

Food at Candles (alternate restaurant, no upcharge) was very nice, they did it outside at the back patio with candlelight...wonderful.

Loved the ports and the Prickly Pear event was great too...they took all the food off the ship and did a nice BBQ, again the skies opened up :cool: but quite a few of the lounges on the beaches had pop up's on them so many huddled until the rain stopped (10 min at most).

Having done all my cruising on the big ships I really enjoyed this one and we'll definitely be back as a group....;)

I started this question and I can now answer it as we just got home feb4. the Baths are only available as a ship's tour, they will not tender you anywhere but prickly pear for beach event. the tour was approx. 4 hrs,with 1.5 hr stop at the Baths. the excursion takes you to the Baths with an enjoyable tour of the beautiful coastline.transportation is in nice open air trucks with 5 rows of forward facing seats, lots of room. I personally hate organized tours but I have to admit this was one of the best, the tour of the island makes you want to live here. WARNING. one of our group had their beachbag stolen at the Baths,bag was found but wallet and phone gone. don't leave valuables unattended anywhere.

I started this question and I can now answer it as we just got home feb4. the Baths are only available as a ship's tour, they will not tender you anywhere but prickly pear for beach event. the tour was approx. 4 hrs,with 1.5 hr stop at the Baths. the excursion takes you to the Baths with an enjoyable tour of the beautiful coastline.transportation is in nice open air trucks with 5 rows of forward facing seats, lots of room. I personally hate organized tours but I have to admit this was one of the best, the tour of the island makes you want to live here. WARNING. one of our group had their beachbag stolen at the Baths,bag was found but wallet and phone gone. don't leave valuables unattended anywhere.

Thanks for the review! I'm like you, hate the ships' organized tours but this doesn't sound bad. Will be able to just wait and book when we're on the ship? Is that what you did?

we prebooked this excursion,approx. 40 took this trip. they leave early so you get to the Baths before the crowds arrive.There is a gentleman at end of tour with rum punch that is supplied by cruise lines and tour operators, just tip him.

Thanks! Since the tour is 4 hours long, that still gave you about 4 hours at Prickly Pear Island?