Key west from MIA

misha1

I cannot comment about the Key West Express tour, but have you considered renting a car and driving to the Keys at your leisure? The beauty of the drive is stopping along the way at your leisure. It's an amazing drive. Or is your time limited and you only have one day to visit?

Edited by brunello22

Driving down to Key West and returning on the same day just to stay overnight in Miami will give you VERY little time to enjoy Key West and the views and different keys in route. And if you should come across ANY trouble on the highway, you might end up sitting for an hour or longer.

I would only do the bus if just for the day trip. At least then you can look out the window and let the driving to someone else.

We actually stopped for overnights twice at two different keys in route, the first time we drove down from Miami. Had wonderful experiences on the way to Key West where we spent another three nights.

Yes...Just a day trip, but 8 hours of bus travel and 5.5 hours in Key West is a little tough to swallow. My DS wants to do the excursion but I might try to talk them into the Ho Go bus

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just returned (Wed) from Key West...where we drove after a cruise. This has been an annual sojourn for us for several years since we love the drive and enjoy a few nights in the Keys. Doing it on a day trip is just nutz! Depending on traffic you are talking about approximately 8 hours of transportation for a few hours in KW. The idea of going to the Keys is great. But find a way to add a few days to your trip, rent a car, and spend at least 2 nights in KW. One other suggestion is if you get off a cruise (take your time on that last morning) and pick up a rental car....you will probably be around Islamorada around lunch time. This is perfect as you can stop at Robbies for a nice lunch and watch the crazy Tarpons churning up the water. We love Robbies for lunch.

And I do have another concern. Assuming that those day trips use the same driver for the entire trip....not sure I want to be on a bus with a driver doing that round trip run in a single day. It is a bad road for dozing off.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

get off a cruise (take your time on that last morning) and pick up a rental car..../quote]

Hank,

We will be driving to KW from 3 nights after our cruise in January. Can you tell me the best way to pick up a rental car?

I heard Alamo has a free shuttle from POM. What do you suggest?

Thanks!