Tropicante- A great option to big beach resorts

LuVermont

I emailed Steve for more info. He did mention that there are vendors that walk along the beach. Does anyone who has been there know how often they come along? On some Mexican beaches we have been bothered so often that it was impossible to close my eyes and relax or read one sentence in a book without having to say "no gracias."

There aren't that many. Small place and they will go away and not bother you multiple times. Many don't speak English and just show stuff. A shake of the head sends them away.

You'll get more annoyed with the chair hawkers (jaladores) who even come up to you as you walk past them the second or third time but they're only on the malecon in front of their places. They don't wander the beach, TBTG.

There aren't that many. Small place and they will go away and not bother you multiple times. Many don't speak English and just show stuff. A shake of the head sends them away.

You'll get more annoyed with the chair hawkers (jaladores) who even come up to you as you walk past them the second or third time but they're only on the malecon in front of their places. They don't wander the beach, TBTG.

I looked at the pictures in your signature and have a couple of questions. I saw a sign that was for a pharmacy and the prices for Retin-A and a few other things are much better than I usually pay in Mexico. Do you know how recent those prices are and how far it is from Steve's place? Thanks.

My wife and I have been going to Tropicante for at least 7 years and we are never disappointed with the service or food. Staff is great and Steve, the owner, is out and about talking to each group that is there, making you feel like family...