Using OBC to book Land Discoveries - Pre-Cruise

shifty

Hi jkadventures,

Our Land Discoveries (aka shorex) are all available very far out, at least a year in advance. We do sometimes add more as time goes along, and once in awhile a tour is held up due to the port being new for us. You can expect to see more tours roll-out soon on all our itineraries with the recent announcement of our new Stay Longer/Experience More offerings..such as Bike Local, Taste Local, View Local, etc.

It's odd you're still having trouble with this issue. Did you contact our office through the email address I gave you back on 1/24/17? A supervisor was standing by to help you.

A New Spin on Destination Immersion

• 2 weeks later...
Hi jkadventures,

I'm so sorry you're having this difficulty. We certainly don't want you to 'move on'!

I've passed your post along to a senior manager on the Customer Service side of things. He'd like you to email your name, booking ID number and the best phone number/email address to contact you on. He promises to look into it personally for you.

It's odd you're still having trouble with this issue. Did you contact our office through the email address I gave you back on 1/24/17? A supervisor was standing by to help you.

As an update, customer service was contacted and given the info as suggested--we received a voice mail directing us back to the 800 number (which was what we first tried and were unsuccessful!). We chose this trip based upon the dates, itinerary, and most of all, the rave reviews from the AZ faithful. While we're sure the onboard experience is as good as everyone says, planning & booking the trip just shouldn't be so cumbersome and fraught with difficulties. Not to be repetitive, but the planning and anticipation of our trips is a big part of our love of travel. Quite frankly with reading the many current threads of changed itineraries, inaccurate Land Discovery descriptions and departure times, and our own difficulties, doesn't make a great first impression. We're very hesitant to obligate any more funds and more importantly precious vacation time to this venture.

We never received a reply to our email or this posting. Like several others on a different thread, we're done.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would love to help but am still not sure what precisely your problem is? You mentioned you can't log in and book Land Discoveries, yet everyone else seems to be able to. I logged in earlier today and booked a few. Where in the process does it break down for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Just read on the X board that X is trying out the new functionality to use OBC pre-cruise on 3 specific sailings. Sounds like RCI is making progress with this change to their websites but more importantly the shared back-office system. Good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have an upcoming cruise on Princess- we have always been able to reserve shore excursions in advance with the option of paying with our onboard account. Any OBC is then credited. Easy & efficient. BTW we never received any reply to our request for help from AZ as indicated above.

Sent from my iPad using Forums