Hello Vista! A Full PICTORIAL Trip Report of Carnival's Newest Ship

Nicole721

After dinner, we wandered around the ship a bit, taking pictures of anything we hadn’t already taken a picture of before heading up to deck 10 to take in the sunset. Sunsets in the Mediterranean are so breathtakingly beautiful and this one, our last one on this trip, was no exception.

DSC_1733.jpg

DSC_1735.jpg

DSC_1756.jpg

DSC_1758.jpg

Stephanie and Mom forced me back to the room until I finished packing. There are few things I hate more than I hate packing and I’ll always put it off until the very last moment. Thankfully, I didn’t have to wait long or look far for my next excuse not to pack: the entertainment for the evening was an interactive movie game show hosted by our Cruise Director, Matt. If I haven’t said it enough, Matt was a fantastic cruise director. He and his crew kept us busy and entertained every evening.

DSC_1789.jpg

I couldn’t put off packing any longer after the show – we didn’t have long before bags were due outside the cabin – so I trudged back to the room and threw anything that wasn’t in a suitcase into my suitcase. We’d have plenty of time to re-pack everything before we headed back to the US. The three of us headed out to the patio with the bottle of cava we’d bought in Barcelona. Mom and Stephanie toasted to our final night, I popped a celebratory Sudafed, and we enjoyed the balmy breeze and full moon over Piraeus.

DSC_1810.jpg

Mom turned in for the night and Stephanie and I headed out. We spent some time on that not-so-secret deck of ours, we split one last prosciutto and arugula pizza, we caught the end of a movie at the Dive In and we walked around the ship. It was quiet – I think most people were either still in port or in their cabins packing – and because we were docked, all of the shops are closed.

DSC_1812.jpg

IMG_5470.jpg

And then, as quickly as it came on, it was just about over. We were sad to leave the Vista and our amazing voyage through the Mediterranean, but we still had so much left to look forward after we left the Vista and Athens – the next day would bring a new journey to a new country and an entirely new adventure.

I went to your blog as suggested by another poster so I actually got to see it a while ago. Feel better! Sounds like you got a repeat of your Vista-itis.

Thanks! FINALLY feeling like I'm getting back to normal. Hopefully my sinuses don't rebel (again) on my flight to Seattle tomorrow ;)

Save

For as much as we travel, we’re all terrible at packing. We’re terrible at estimating how much we need, we’re terrible at eliminating items we’ll never use and we’re terrible at estimating how much space we’ll need for souvenirs. We were flying home business class, so we could fly with three suitcases each, each one up to 75 pounds. But before we flew home, we’d have to fly from Athens to Zurich on Swiss Air, a European carrier. European carriers are much more strict with their luggage allowances, which made packing for our next destination so much more stressful with two weeks worth of purchases coming with us. Flying business on Swiss didn’t allow us any extra luggage allowance, so we pre-purchased an extra bag when we checked into our flight, which would save us a few dollars from having to do so at the airport.

DSC_1786.jpg

Going to the cruise, that's easy to pack. Coming from a cruise, that's the most difficult.

Nicole,

I stumbled upon your review yesterday and couldn't stop reading it. Thanks so much for a great review.

We will be on the Vista in May and I'm more excited now since reading your review. This will be our first Carnival cruise and I'm glad to be trying it out on the Vista.

If you have a chance, could you answer a couple of questions for me?

1) In the Havana Cabana room, is there a step up into the bathroom or just a lip? As of late, we have been booking handicap rooms due to my husband's mobility issues. We are really interested in the Havana Cabana rooms, but if it's a step up, we won't be able to do it. I looked through the deck plans and there are no handicap or modified rooms in that area. My guess is you will tell me that it's a step up, but I have to ask. :)

2) How do you get to the Skyride? Is it stairs? If so, how many? I know you said it was a short ride, but was it hard to peddle around the loop? Were you winded or exhausted when finished?

3) Is there a charge for Guys Burgers? Cherry on Top? or the Blue Iguana? I may have read about these somewhere but things are running together so I just wanted to ask here instead of trying to go back to find it.

Thanks again for the great review.

Kari

• 2 weeks later...
Nicole' date='

I stumbled upon your review yesterday and couldn't stop reading it. Thanks so much for a great review.

We will be on the Vista in May and I'm more excited now since reading your review. This will be our first Carnival cruise and I'm glad to be trying it out on the Vista.

If you have a chance, could you answer a couple of questions for me?

1) In the Havana Cabana room, is there a step up into the bathroom or just a lip? As of late, we have been booking handicap rooms due to my husband's mobility issues. We are really interested in the Havana Cabana rooms, but if it's a step up, we won't be able to do it. I looked through the deck plans and there are no handicap or modified rooms in that area. My guess is you will tell me that it's a step up, but I have to ask. :)

2) How do you get to the Skyride? Is it stairs? If so, how many? I know you said it was a short ride, but was it hard to peddle around the loop? Were you winded or exhausted when finished?

3) Is there a charge for Guys Burgers? Cherry on Top? or the Blue Iguana? I may have read about these somewhere but things are running together so I just wanted to ask here instead of trying to go back to find it.

Thanks again for the great review.

Kari[/quote']

Hi Kari! Responses in line :)

1. Unfortunately, yes, there is a step up. Outside of the patio and the decor, the Havana Cabana is identical to an oceanview/balcony stateroom.

2. You get to the Skyride via a short set of stairs on the Sports deck. SUPER easy to peddle around the course.

3. No charge for Guy's Burgers or the Blue Iguana Cantina, but there is a charge for Cherry on Top.

Hope that helps!

Save

Nicole,

Those answers were very helpful. Thanks!

I have seen pictures of a room, possibly a suite, in the Havana that had handrails in the bathroom, so we may be able to do one of those sometime. I plan on checking them out while on board in May.

We sailed on the Celebrity Silhouette in 2016 in a regular balcony room. I knew the time was coming down the road where we would need a room that does not have the step to the bathroom. So, I left a message for a couple of different handicap rooms asking them if we could come and see the room sometime before the end of the cruise as we were considering booking a handicap room on the next cruise. I figured I would be happy to show someone else my room sometime if someone asked, and hoped someone else would feel the same way. Luckily one of the two messages I left was returned and the people were so kind to let us come down and check out the room. We booked that very same room when we were ready to book our next TA.

Last year we booked a handicap mini suite on the Emerald Princess for our EB TA. We both felt like we were in a mansion in that room. The extra area for my husband's scooter is so nice. He can get around without any problems, but the part I like the best is the seat in the shower as he has balance issues and with a rocking boat, it just is so much safer.

Thanks again for your answer.

Kari

Nicole, you're awesome, as is your review.

I love that you post pics of the ship and deck pertaining to what yall are doing at that time and you don't just go deck by deck giving a tour of the ship. It makes it so much more enjoyable and easier to see what the ship offers! You have the best review writing style!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Nicole,

Just discovered your trip report this morning and have spent most of the day reading it and loving your photos! Vista will be our first Carnival cruise, so I'm devouring everything I see about it.

Going to check out your blog now, as well as your other social sites. Thank you for such a detailed trip report. It'll be a while before we're able to do Europe (Couple of years before DH retires -- and he does NOT get unlimited PTO, lucky girl!), but I'm keeping hints, so when we do go...

• 5 months later...
Nicole, you're awesome, as is your review.

I love that you post pics of the ship and deck pertaining to what yall are doing at that time and you don't just go deck by deck giving a tour of the ship. It makes it so much more enjoyable and easier to see what the ship offers! You have the best review writing style!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it :D

Nicole,

Just discovered your trip report this morning and have spent most of the day reading it and loving your photos! Vista will be our first Carnival cruise, so I'm devouring everything I see about it.

Going to check out your blog now, as well as your other social sites. Thank you for such a detailed trip report. It'll be a while before we're able to do Europe (Couple of years before DH retires -- and he does NOT get unlimited PTO, lucky girl!), but I'm keeping hints, so when we do go...

I've got plenty of Europe reviews for you when your hubby picks up the hints! ;)

Another amazing review! Keep cruising, so we can keep reading! [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've got plenty coming up to keep you guys busy with :D New review coming on our Baltics cruise in the next few days, and then a cruise to Cuba next month!

Nicole you are awesome, best review I've ever read with wonderful photos. Thanks so much, have to do another Med Cruise brought back great memories😊 Vista looks great, I think she will be in Galveston next year which will be convenient for us although we love the Breeze. Will look for more of your reviews...👏 WELL DONE!

• 5 months later...