Cruise ports over Christmas

dx052

Definitely not. We have been in port in St. Thomas twice and Bonaire once on Christmas Day. The first time in St Thomas, there were six ships, including 4 large ships, and it was a normal port day. The other time we were the only ship and it was pretty quiet. All three I made sure to have something booked in advance though, since I wasn't sure what would be available when we got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven't been in port on Christmas, but we were in port in Curacao on Easter Monday once and everything was closed. I wouldn't expect many shops to be open on Christmas, or to see as many independent tour operators waiting at the pier, but you can probably pre-book something or just head to a beach.

Edited by Kartgv

I have not sailed at Christmas. But, like Kartgv I sailed on Easter. We usually book independent tours, but booked a ship's tour for that day. We were glad we did. Almost everything was closed and there was a huge traffic jam in the city and we woud have been worries if we were not on a ship tour. YMMV

Some of the islands are completely closed up on Christmas( St Maartin ) and some treat as a normal day (st Thomas).best bet is to book excursions if available , so that you will keep busy off the ship on Christmas Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums