Recent FOS Cruisers - Ship Time vs Island Time

3dogmom

I wanted to know if any recent cruisers on the Freedom know if the ship stayed on EST or changed to island time? I recently learned that St. Kitts, St. Maarten, etc do not follow Daylight Savings Time and before booking tours I want to verify which time we'll follow.

Thanks!

I was on FOS in November and found that the tours I booked went by island time which was an hour earlier than ship time. We discovered this a few days before our cruise and although we had booked a snorkel trip on St. Maarten which was scheduled to leave even before we could get off the ship, they were nice enough to accommodate the 12 of us that were on FOS. It did, however, cause people coming from other ships that had arrived earlier, to have to wait for us for about an hour which I'm sure did not make them very happy. Carol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
I wanted to know if any recent cruisers on the Freedom know if the ship stayed on EST or changed to island time? I recently learned that St. Kitts, St. Maarten, etc do not follow Daylight Savings Time and before booking tours I want to verify which time we'll follow.

Thanks!

Are you talking about booking yours outside of the cruise tours? If you are booking cruise tours, it really shouldn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk