Cuba

Elainemh

I am not seeing the Cuba cruises posted on NCL's site yet. I know people were saying that they were supposed to be posted today but I can't find them. Am I missing something? :confused:

So it's not just me. :cool:

I can look up "Cuba" as an NCL destination, but when I click View Cruises, it shows a bunch of New England cruises with filter buttons that can't be unclicked.

I had received a email from my NCL PCC. I called him directly and he was

able to book it.

Still doesn't like not open for bookings on their web site.

If anyone is interested I would suggest try calling NCL.

Just booked myself and daughter for the 5/8 sailing for Cuba.

Cuba has been on my daughters bucket list for a couple of years.

Can't wait for the shore excursions to post.

Congrats, planning to join you, my TA is working on it today.

Was pricing awfully high?

I have a 5 day from Tampa to Havana on RCI already booked which came to $700/day (solo).

Hoping I can do better on this one, plus I do not need to see Coz or Key West again, which are stops on the RCI trip.

Congrats, planning to join you, my TA is working on it today.

Was pricing awfully high?

I have a 5 day from Tampa to Havana on RCI already booked which came to $700/day (solo).

Hoping I can do better on this one, plus I do not need to see Coz or Key West again, which are stops on the RCI trip.

Disregard...Just booked and confirmed the May 15th trip.

The May 8 cabin locations I wanted are already gone. Great pricing - I'm saving a lot of money over RCI.

Disregard...Just booked and confirmed the May 15th trip.

The May 8 cabin locations I wanted are already gone. Great pricing - I'm saving a lot of money over RCI.

Congratulations. Plus the NCL is a overnight.

You could back to back on the Sky, since the 3-day itinerary is different And this doubles your chances of making it to GSC ;)

Or if you're willing to pack up and walk a couple of blocks, there's always another ship waiting for you in Miami! :)

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Meh. Royal Caribbean has a 7 nighter that goes to Belize and Cozumel as well as Havana that's more my speed (and would be cheaper than the 3+4 b2b on NCL, plus no wasted middle day in Miami). Unfortunately all the itineraries (for both) are in May and we can't cruise till after June. So we'll just see how it all shakes out.

Edited by Cauzneffct

Does anybody know if they are waiting to change some itineraries from Bahamas to Cuba or just doing this for May?

Seems like both RCI and NCL have only April/May Cuba sailings available right now. Are they waiting to get feedback or just slowly rolling out the itineraries? I already have a May cruise booked, so I'm looking for September.

I just called and was told the open bar was also available on the Cuba sailings. I have a reservation on RCI but I'm thinking that with the overnight stay in Havana, the lower priced balcony rooms and the open bar it might be worth switching over to NCL.

I don't think they will be sailing until the embargo is lifted, which will be after Raul Castro is dead.

NCL, RCI and one or two other lines are currently accepting bookings for specific cruises next spring. And this is with Raul Castro firmly in power.

Edited by RaiderDuck

We just looked at a NCL cruise to Havana and the Coco Cay Bahamas. They state that you must book excursions that meet the requirements for your stay in Cuba, such as educational seminars, etc. but don't really give details on what they are,how long they are or how much they cost. Does anyone know the details?

I just called and was told the open bar was also available on the Cuba sailings. I have a reservation on RCI but I'm thinking that with the overnight stay in Havana, the lower priced balcony rooms and the open bar it might be worth switching over to NCL.

"Available," or "included"?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just looked at a NCL cruise to Havana and the Coco Cay Bahamas. They state that you must book excursions that meet the requirements for your stay in Cuba, such as educational seminars, etc. but don't really give details on what they are,how long they are or how much they cost. Does anyone know the details?

It is going to Great Stirrup Cay, not Coco Cay. I was also looking at Royal's Empress of the Seas, they offered excursions that would qualify. I would imagine NCL will offer the same. You may even get an exemption. There is also a $75.00 Visa charge for Cuba, NCL will handle this. My TA has a hold on the 5-1-17 cruise for us, now I have to decide to go or not.

Right. Sky has been all-you-can-drink, but I didn't see language to that effect on the Cuba itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, I just called again and asked if it was included or if it was an "extra option with a fee" and they said that yes it was included on all 3 or 4 day cruises on the Norwegian Sky. I specifically asked about the Cuba sailings and they said yes. They didn't actually look anything up and it seems like it's a stock answer. So far I've gotten two "yes" answers to the question but I'm still skeptical.

When you click on the ship info on the website it does say "Norwegian sky is now sailing with an open bar." Plus I found this. In the bottom it says "Haven & Suite categories are not applicable for this offer. Offer is not applicable to any Norwegian Sky sailings visiting Cuba as a port of call." But I think that fine print is in regards to the $50 reduced deposit. In another section of the site it specifically uses a bold font for the words "Bahama Cruises". Since the ship is going to Stirrup Cay does that qualify it as a Bahama cruise? Anyone else want to call and see if they get a different answer from someone else?

Honestly although it sounds too good to be true I don't see why they wouldn't include it if they do it on every other cruise. The Sky will be doing their typical 3 day Bahama cruises in between the Cuba cruises. I'm sure it's already in their budget.

Edited by snchpnz