Woo Hoo Just signed up for my first Azamara cruise!

ProfessorEFFE

Okay, I've read a lot of these posts, and spent hours on the Amazara website, and now I too have booked my 1st Amazara cruise (2018 Med).

We have done lots of mass market cruises (Carib) and smaller Windstar cruises (Med); now want to try something different.

The itinerary couldn't have been better if I hand-picked it myself. However, I am pretty risk-averse, so its a bit nerve-wracking changing it up though :) !

Welcome to the Azamara family, Snowcat! Thank you for booking with Azamara Club Cruises :)

Don't worry about your first cruise. Attend the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle, let it be known it's your first cruise with us. You'll be well looked after. Our Azamara officers, staff, crew, and Guests are the BEST!

We are looking to book our first Amazon Cruise, Hong Kong to Singapore departing 23rd December 14 days.

On advise we would choose a Club Continental suite, we have had a decent quote and they would allocate suite 8061, has anyone on the forum stayed on this deck please? If so what are the pros and cons?

We have only sailed previously with Silversea and Seabourn, how does Azamara compare please? Friends of ours are cheerleaders for Azamara and say we would not be disappointed, looking at the ship and service we think we would enjoy Azamara.

Any advise would be appreciated thank you. :)

Can't help with all of your questions, but in terms of the stateroom there is a "sticky" at the top of this forum where you can read comments that reflect experiences in that stateroom or one nearby.

Since the ships are so similar a review should be appropriate for either.

The search function will usually tell you if particular or nearby cabins have been reviewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked our first Azamara cruise while on our Celebrity cruise last month. Although it's not until 2018 we are already looking forward to 15 days in Norway.

The itinerary is what drew us but we also have heard great things from this forum and from people we've met on our X cruises.

We much preferred Azamara to Celebrity!

I hope you allow yourselves a couple of nights in Edinburgh before you sail

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are looking to book our first Amazon Cruise, Hong Kong to Singapore departing 23rd December 14 days.

On advise we would choose a Club Continental suite, we have had a decent quote and they would allocate suite 8061, has anyone on the forum stayed on this deck please? If so what are the pros and cons?

We have only sailed previously with Silversea and Seabourn, how does Azamara compare please? Friends of ours are cheerleaders for Azamara and say we would not be disappointed, looking at the ship and service we think we would enjoy Azamara.

Hi Fudge

We did a Westbound transatlantic in September and were on deck 8 though well toward the front of the ship (8007). We had no problem with noise from the pool deck above.

It's an easy ship to get around.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have not sailed with those lines. I love Azamara so much I am afraid to try them. Cabin 8061 is below a carpeted, seating area in the Windows buffet, but in a very underused area. Noise hinderence is very subjective. I think you will hear vacuming once or twice a day over your cabin. Personally the noise is not a bother to me, but others declare it unbearable. It is your choice.

Welcome to the Azamara family, Snowcat! Thank you for booking with Azamara Club Cruises :)

Don't worry about your first cruise. Attend the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle, let it be known it's your first cruise with us. You'll be well looked after. Our Azamara officers, staff, crew, and Guests are the BEST!

Bonnie,

Are there Mahjong sets onboard Quest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

I am an Azamara newbie as well. I am also on the Quest TA this coming November. Just spent a fair amount of time trying to book a ChoiceAir flight to get to Barcelona. Something strange going on so waiting for a call back. Hopefully they get it ironed out. Wouldn't let me book online for some reason. After listening to the recording about everything being NEW on Azamara, I think they need to work on the websites next. :D

Actually that goes for all of the Royal Caribbean sites. LOL

Denise

Hi Everyone,

I am an Azamara newbie as well. I am also on the Quest TA this coming November. Just spent a fair amount of time trying to book a ChoiceAir flight to get to Barcelona. Something strange going on so waiting for a call back. Hopefully they get it ironed out. Wouldn't let me book online for some reason. After listening to the recording about everything being NEW on Azamara, I think they need to work on the websites next. :D

Actually that goes for all of the Royal Caribbean sites. LOL

Denise

better and well enough to be booking your flight! Did you get the call back and are set? We booked prior to leaving for the holiday cruise...we are "hoarding miles" so able to book biz class...it is just too long for us (especially since we start on the "left" coast) to not travel that way now. And I now order a wheelchair for DH...as we always have to fly with a stop over...and his days of running through an airport hasn't happened for quite awhile..."I'm built for endurance not speed" is his motto!!!!...and at 80 I can't blame him for that...a very YOUNG 80 I might add!!!! I think you will love the AZ experience...we certainly do!!! LuAnn

better and well enough to be booking your flight! Did you get the call back and are set? We booked prior to leaving for the holiday cruise...we are "hoarding miles" so able to book biz class...it is just too long for us (especially since we start on the "left" coast) to not travel that way now. And I now order a wheelchair for DH...as we always have to fly with a stop over...and his days of running through an airport hasn't happened for quite awhile..."I'm built for endurance not speed" is his motto!!!!...and at 80 I can't blame him for that...a very YOUNG 80 I might add!!!! I think you will love the AZ experience...we certainly do!!! LuAnn

Yes LuAnn,

I believe I am all set now. It took a few days though. I really wanted to take advantage of a really good choice air deal on JFK- BCN prior to our TA. Luckily I did get it so I decided to upgrade my seat to Main cabin Extra on American Airlines for the 7+ hour flight. A Gal can always use 5 additional inches of legroom and an extra inch of seat width on a long overnight flight. And for $330 total , a no brainer IMHO. :) . The flight was nonstop as well...Woohoo!

Denise

We recently got back from Journey's Singapore-Indonesia-Singapore 14 day cruise that began December 23. We were in suite 8063, which is right next to suite 8061 and we found overhead noise not to be an issue and we are light sleepers. We don't spend much time in the suite, but appreciated that this part of deck 8 has the tub/shower combos -- we specifically wanted a bathtub (If you'd prefer a large walk-in shower only, with no tub, change your suite #). We ate in the specialty restaurants most evenings, which are just fabulous. The location you've been assigned is VERY convenient (then again, getting around the ship from anywhere is pretty easy). We were on Seabourn in 2015, love that line too, but the friendliness of AZ staff and fellow pax is a big plus for AZ and the specialty restaurants equal or surpass equal Seabourn meals, imo. :)

Yes LuAnn,

I believe I am all set now. It took a few days though. I really wanted to take advantage of a really good choice air deal on JFK- BCN prior to our TA. Luckily I did get it so I decided to upgrade my seat to Main cabin Extra on American Airlines for the 7+ hour flight. A Gal can always use 5 additional inches of legroom and an extra inch of seat width on a long overnight flight. And for $330 total , a no brainer IMHO. :) . The flight was nonstop as well...Woohoo!

Denise

Every inch counts these days...that's for sure!!!! :cool: LuAnn