Cruise Critic Clock Not Set Right?

flipoid

Is it just my computers, or has anyone else besides me noticed that the times on the messages posted are still Eastern Daylight time? Not that I'm trying to be picky or anything; it's just a bit confusing if I'm logged on at, say, 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, and trying to see which new posts I haven't read--and the threads say the last post was at 8:05 p.m. It just makes it a bit hard to figure out which posts I've read when the time is at least an hour in the future.

Unless Cruise Critic has figured out time travel as well as cruise travel! (-:

I went to the User CP, and checked the time settings. The settings were correct--Eastern time zone was selected, and it was on "automatically detect DST." Should I change the selection about DST? Thanks, Largin! People on these boards are always so helpful!

Are you still seeing the wrong time on the boards? If so, what time is your computer's clock set to? Have you got that set to detect daylight saving automatically? If that is set correctly, you might want to try deliberately setting both the computer clock and the CC settings to something "wrong", saving the settings, and then changing them back again to the correct settings to see whether that resets the problem.

When I am logged in, I do see the correct time. However, when I'm not logged in (I don't always log in to read new posts), I see the incorrect time. :confused: My computer has the right time (it's automatically set to change between daylight and standard times).

Archived