Home Brew Beer

goofy810

I am looking at the new policy and it say 6 beers per person, I would love to bring some of my homebrew onboard and I bottle it. So directly following there policy i see no issue with bring it on with us. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

How much do they inspect the beer in carryon's? do they just make sure you dont have more then the allowed amount? or do they pull it out and check the seal etc, I should note I reuse old beer bottles so they do have normal labels etc, only the caps are new and lack any logo etc on them.

Thanks for any help

Depends on who you get but as long as they are 12 oz bottles I suspect you would be ok. The issue with unsealed bottles is they could be used to transport other alcohol (which is part of the reason some line don't allow even bottled water now). So if whoever checks notices, they could be pulled.

As Loon noted, how much inspection you get depends on who the inspector is and how rushed they are feeling. If your homebrew is disallowed, it will be held at the terminal and you may claim it upon completion of your cruise. All you lose is the ability to drink it on the ship.

I am looking at the new policy and it say 6 beers per person, I would love to bring some of my homebrew onboard and I bottle it. So directly following there policy i see no issue with bring it on with us. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

How much do they inspect the beer in carryon's? do they just make sure you dont have more then the allowed amount? or do they pull it out and check the seal etc, I should note I reuse old beer bottles so they do have normal labels etc, only the caps are new and lack any logo etc on them.

Thanks for any help

Honestly, unless you are local, why would you huck a few bottles of homebrew? Why make life harder on yourself? Just drink what is there.

Depends on who you get but as long as they are 12 oz bottles I suspect you would be ok. The issue with unsealed bottles is they could be used to transport other alcohol (which is part of the reason some line don't allow even bottled water now). So if whoever checks notices, they could be pulled.

Does Disney allow a case of water to be brought on? if so what is the best way to bring it on? Thanks

Does Disney allow a case of water to be brought on? if so what is the best way to bring it on? Thanks

As of this writing, you may bring on water. The ONLY way to bring any beverage is to place it in your carry on. Yes, you'll read reports of people taking it to a porter and having a label slapped on it. This is a direct violation of DCL rules (the porters don't work for DCL and they want a tip). Violation of policy MAY result in the item being confiscated and returned to you at the end of the cruise.

The only permitted way to bring on any beverage is to carry it on. I'd suggest a rolling carry on bag if you board before 1:30 because your cabin won't be ready until then.

I trust you know that you can purchase bottled water on board--the last time I checked it was $35 (which included the auto gratuity) for a case of 24. They also had a smaller case. Yes, it is costly, but depending on your travel plans it might be preferable.

And the ship's water if completely fine to drink. We usually bring a couple empty bottles along and fill then from the ship's water to have something to take on excursions.

Another hint--at some ports we noticed that the farther you got from the ship, the cheaper bottled water became! The ship sells it as you are in line to disembark, right off the ship in Key West, it was $3. Walk half a block and it was $2. And as you were exiting the dock area it was down to $1. I just laughed.

Thanks Moki. I do know we can purchase a case on board and I am more than fine with the ships water and have no need to bring water on myself. however my parents are coming with us this time :eek: and my father has been hounding me to check for him so I appreciate the information you provide as always.