Another India Visa item

Orator

I was talking to a UK resident on current Connie cruise who purchased an e Visa. Unfortunately he was told that it is not acceptable. However, the Indian Government has approved entry for one approved ship's tour. I don't know what tour that might've. If he decides to take that tour he will be required to pay a Visa fee. This information comes from the HD and confirmed by the passenger. According to several sources the Indian Govt just doesn't have their act together. Arrive there in two days and I'll see for myself.

We were on the 28/11 cruise and I have previously posted this document that Celebrity issued, the point about E visa is very clear

Please click here to acknowledge receipt of this message

This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

Dear Valued Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Constellation on November 28, 2016. Before this once in a lifetime vacation begins take a moment to be advised of this important information.

We remind all guests to please contact the Embassy (Consular Services) of each country on your sailing or the visa service of your choice for specific visa requirements, information, forms and fees for your nationality. It is the sole responsibility of the guest to identify and obtain all required travel documents for the entire cruise vacation and have them available when necessary. Please note that guests who do not provide the proper documentation at check-in may be denied boarding.

In an effort to enhance your check-in and boarding experience in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, please note the following important information:

• · Bring a photo copy of your multiple entry visa for the United Arab Emirates (UAE) or your multiple entry e-visa for the UAE and keep it with you throughout the voyage, if required.
  • · Bring four (4) photo copies of your passport and keep them with you throughout your voyage.
  • · Bring three (3) photo copies of your visa for India and keep them with you. Please note that an eVisa for India is not acceptable.
  • · Your passport will be collected in the terminal and held in a safe location at Guest Relations onboard throughout the voyage. This allows us to complete the immigration formalities for you at each Port of Call.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard Celebrity Constellation and wish you a pleasant and enjoyable cruise.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

The underlining is by Celebrity and not myself, I dont think it's fair to blame the Indian Government if people do not have the correct documentation.

• 2 months later...
I was talking to a UK resident on current Connie cruise who purchased an e Visa. Unfortunately he was told that it is not acceptable. However, the Indian Government has approved entry for one approved ship's tour. I don't know what tour that might've. If he decides to take that tour he will be required to pay a Visa fee. This information comes from the HD and confirmed by the passenger. According to several sources the Indian Govt just doesn't have their act together. Arrive there in two days and I'll see for myself.

Any Update on the matter? The only thing between me and a last minute cruise on Thursday is the ability to use an evisa to enter India by seaport.