Maya Chan vs. Little French Key

cruising_Bif

We have already planned Maya Chan for 2018. Looking forward to it.

Likewise, already reserved our favorite cabana!

MAYA CHAN! We try to select cruises so that Costa Maya (and therefore Maya Chan) are among the ports of call!

We prefer sailing Princess but just cancelled a 2018 Princess sailing to add NCL just because of the Costa Maya stop!!

~Brian

We used to love them both - been 3 times. But last year LFK was SOOO packed that we literally found ONE lounge chair for the 2 of us - and not in the shade.

We love the lagoon and the calmer water areas but it has become WAY too crowded.

We're doing the same itinerary next month - Maya Chan is booked...we are passing on LFK this time. :confused:

The food and service at Maya Chan are terrific but when I was there the water was too shallow for swimming and loaded with turtle grass. In order to snorkel you need to ride in a kayak and that's not for me. So my only activity (?) was an optional massage. With the UBP and free food onboard I don't think I'd go there again. I could be just as happy or happier enjoying the ship's amenities at no additional cost.

Edited by cruise pup

I loved LFK. Lots of animals to see and pet. Monkeys to hold, a jaguar you can swim with for an additional fee unless that changed. I went a few years ago, and they were supposed to be expanding to even have lodging on the island in the future. They even had horseback riding thru the water, tho it was only led around but still fun if you've never been on horseback while it was swimming. The food was fantastic too!

I'm not as charmed by LFK anymore. It's gotten bigger with more activities but also more crowded. The food there was always so-so in my opinion. And the limit on alcohol is a downer for those who can't stop at the two drinks included with your admission. Not worth my money anymore.