Is there anyway to go from ES to another?

cocacola86

Not quite accurate. Carnival is the only cruise line that will lower your price after final payment if you booked Early Saver only. Many other lines will lower you price if it goes lower before final payment. Our Celebrity cruise fare went down 2 times before final payment and we got the lower price. It ended up the same price Carnival was charging.

Our room on Oasis they offered up a different room (after final payment but no credit)

Sent from my iPhone

So what happens if you switch cruises and there's an excess amount

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you're talking about the amount that is being held for a future cruise and the new one you book is less, then you will still have the remainder on the books that will be good for 2 years from the date you canceled.

For early saver. If it is before final payment then it will be a $50 per person admin fee

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah and the rest held for a future cruise up to 2 years from the day you cancel. It can't be used for your new deposit, either. The only exception I have heard for this is if you cancel and book your next cruise all in the same phone call.

You mean to switch it just so we don't have a problem like the magic if we had to cancel it if something happens will we get all our money back

The way I understand it once it's a future cruise credit, it will always remain that way no matter how many times you switch cruises and it will never be refundable. Again, you need to call your PVP.

Not quite accurate. Carnival is the only cruise line that will lower your price after final payment if you booked Early Saver only. Many other lines will lower you price if it goes lower before final payment. Our Celebrity cruise fare went down 2 times before final payment and we got the lower price. It ended up the same price Carnival was charging.

True, I should have stated you can lower the price after final payment date. What I have experienced on other cruise lines if that if you are trying to lower the price (before final payment date) you are in effect, cancelling the cruise and rebooking and if you picked a certain cabin, you could lose that cabin while completing the process. Happened to me once on NCL. To risky for me. With Carnival, there is no risk of losing your cabin.

True, I should have stated you can lower the price after final payment date. What I have experienced on other cruise lines if that if you are trying to lower the price (before final payment date) you are in effect, cancelling the cruise and rebooking and if you picked a certain cabin, you could lose that cabin while completing the process. Happened to me once on NCL. To risky for me. With Carnival, there is no risk of losing your cabin.

Not on Celebrity. Even changed sailing dates and ships and still kept the same booking number.

Never sailed Celebrity but it's on my bucket list. Good to know I don't have to worry about losing a cabin if the price drops with them.

I think you would really like them. I do. I'll probably be making my way back to them soon. I have an Open Passages (Future Cruise Certificate) I still need to use.