Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Penny, sending you all my best wishes too.........

Well, they let us off work early today and we are closed on Monday............now it is just the wait and see thing:eek:

She is not supposed to be up this way till late Sunday/Early Monday.

Jeff and all,

Uncross everything before it turns cyanotic.

The constant droning on tv is definitely irritating.

We now have been issued a curfew in palm beach county starting tomorrow morning and ending Monday.

Just finished bracing garage door.

The neighborhood is pretty buttoned up.

I will keep you all posted.

Not getting much info on the quake. We hope that aid for quake survivors is forthcoming soonest.

Jeff and all, Uncross everything before it turns cyanotic. The constant droning on tv is definitely irritating. We now have been issued a curfew in palm beach county starting tomorrow morning and ending Monday. Just finished bracing garage door. The neighborhood is pretty buttoned up. I will keep you all posted. Not getting much info on the quake. We hope that aid for quake survivors is forthcoming soonest.

Had forgotten that you are actually living in the southern part of Palm Beach County. What does the "curfew" mean legally and practically? Just not being on the streets at night? Or, stay at home all day and night? Did look at your location and see that you are about 4.5 miles from the Atlantic. Right? What is your home elevation above sea level?

For Spins and Lois, the latest 5 pm projection is showing the center of the storm moving a little more to the west of Miami and Jacksonville. Not a big distance or change, but some movements more western.

On the Mexico earthquake, from the New York Timesearlier this afternoon, they have this headline: Mexico Earthquake, Strongest in a Century, Kills Dozens with these highlights: The most powerful earthquake to hit Mexico in 100 years struck off the nation’s Pacific Coast late Thursday, rattling millions of residents in Mexico City with its violent tremors, killing at least 32 people and leveling some areas in the southern part of the country, closer to the quake’s epicenter. About 50 million people across Mexico felt the earthquake, which had a magnitude of 8.2. In the capital, the force of the temblor sent residents of the megacity fleeing into the streets at midnight, shaken by alarms blaring over loudspeakers and a full minute of tremors. Windows broke, walls collapsed, and the city seemed to convulse in terrifying waves.WOW!! Knew it was bad, but did not realize till now the depth of these damages, etc.

Full story at:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/world/americas/mexico-earthquake.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 34,457 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Below is a little more details as to how the latest/5 pm revised projections show as to how the center of the Irma storm center would be more focused on the western part of Florida. Miami and Jacksonville will still get hit hard, but maybe, if and if, not quite as direct on the center point.

HAIRCUTS??: I am sure that Spins' DH has a much better haircut than shown in that picture from Jeff's Stooges visual example.

See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at the link of "Barbados: Our Pix's, Experiences!":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2262999

Screen%20Shot%202017-09-08%20at%205.43.01%20PM_zpsgm3yssgs.png

I have seen the same things but no rejoicing here.............I have friends in Miami and so I fear for them.........Irma

is still going to hit right on them:eek:........and we are still in the "cone of uncertainty" they continue to talk about.:eek: and rain and winds

are supposed to still be coming here..............of course I hope it is not so bad..........but this thing keeps changing...........

I have seen the same things but no rejoicing here.............I have friends in Miami and so I fear for them.........Irma

is still going to hit right on them:eek:........and we are still in the "cone of uncertainty" they continue to talk about.:eek: and rain and winds

are supposed to still be coming here..............of course I hope it is not so bad..........but this thing keeps changing...........

Wishing you and all Floridians the very best! Horrific hurricane. I lived in Miami during Cleo and I will never forget that one!

Wobble here. Wobble there.

Irma has it all covered and has bulked up again.

She's ferocious.

Our peninsula is not very wide.

Wind picking up.

I walked around neighborhood again this evening as our poor border collie is now having digestive issues from stress.

Some homeowners have done nothing.

As for the curfew, it means not on the road, hunker down and shelter in place.

Major grocery stores closed tonight until storm passes.

Many have generators and will open as soon as they can.

The issue will be passable roads.

We had no mail delivery today.

Hi All...from a very wet and windy Wales....it seems autumm has arrived very quickly with the evenings closing in...but actually my favourite time of year.

Had very sad news last night about an old friend and my first wedding bridesmaid who has passed with her husband also passing within a day.....we hadn't seen each other in years but the news still shocked.

Cruise rail job has been sorted and is now ready for throwing into the cases next weekend god willing......

Thanks Spins for the updates.....hope Eloise will settle...our furry babies home in on our stressful situations...

Good debate on the 'crew fund' Jeff....

S☺️

Sad news about your friends ... and your trip gets closer.

Watching CNN now. It is so difficult grasping the size of these things. Evidently the size of France and moving at 10 mph.

Re crew fund. I'd hoped that a simple idea that could really effect the lives of the people that so many CC'ers ostensibly and vociferously appreciate would receive more support .... but there you go! :)

Sorry to learn about your friends Sophia.

Did you learn of anticipated weather for cruise?

Here Irma pounded Cuba. Now moving west and over 90 degree F water.

Expected to be cat 4. Not turned towards east coast of Florida but more to west coast, Naples and Ft Myers.

It's windy out and grey. Spitting rain.

Read that earthquake was devastating. Mother Nature is holding us all by the neck and shaking us.

Yes, so sorry for your friends' passing. Good, old friends are the icing over one's heart, always provoking smiles, no matter how sad we may be. When they're gone, fond memories warm our hearts.

Glad to see that Spins keeps us abreast of her experiences. Spins, your upcoming cruise will be very well deserved!!!

Sorry to learn about your friends Sophia. Here Irma pounded Cuba. Now moving west and over 90 degree F water. Expected to be cat 4. Not turned towards east coast of Florida but more to west coast, Naples and Ft Myers. It's windy out and grey. Spitting rain. Read that earthquake was devastating. Mother Nature is holding us all by the neck and shaking us.

Appreciate these details and the follow-up from Spins. Below is the latest map to give more details on the projected Florida rain impacts, plus reflecting the western shift as to what will be slamming the "Sunshine State". This chart still shows lots and lots rain coming down where Spins and Lois are living/surviving now.

Currently, the weather is perfect and wonderful here in Central Ohio. National TV is here in Central Ohio with the ESPN Gameday broadcasting live for three hours from the Ohio State campus just three miles south from where we live. Plus, it's national TV tonight for #5-ranked Oklahoma visiting #2 Ohio State. Will be part of the crowd of 106,000 fans for that game.

Sorry to hear on Spohia's friend. Yes, "Mother Nature" can be rough with earthquakes, hurricanes, etc. BUT, it's nothing that is new. Those weather impacts have happened for thousands and thousands of years in the world's history. It's just now, good or bad, we can follow and hear about these details much more closely on Cable TV, the Internet, etc. BUT, however, we are not now learning as much about the impacts in Cuba as that country is still not very open and available for the world to know the exact damages there.

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 52,841 views for these postings.

From the National Weather Service, here is the latest map/projection for how much rain will hit key parts of Florida.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

Screen%20Shot%202017-09-09%20at%209.55.44%20AM_zpsk3brik4g.png