Gluten free beer

silver wedding

My husband has Celiac as well. Princess has Redbridge GF Beer that you need to order before the cruise. The cost is $108.00 for 24 bottles. When you click on the cruise personalizer and indicate that you need GF food, a page pops up that tells you about their GF options and beer is one of them...

Edited by Nashna

Unfortunately people on CC just can not refrain from personal attacks and mocking those who have a certain medical issue. Many don't even know what Celiac is or what causes it. I have never seen gluten free beer on Princess cruises but have not looked. Given that beer is traditionally made from barley and wheat, a brewery would have to make substitutions to keep the gluten out of the finished product. I have not seen gluten free beer at Total Wines but next trip I will look to see it they even carry any. Not good news for the OP however.

Edited by satxdiver

Here is the Princess GF information.

Gluten-free/no wheat

A variety of gluten-free items including bread, cereal, cookies, crackers and pasta are available onboard upon request. In advance of your cruise, kindly notify us of your intolerance by checking "Gluten Free" on the dietary request form. For domestic sailings, advance requests must be received no later than 35 days prior to sailing date. For international sailings, advance requests must be received no later than 65 days prior to sailing. For late requests, we cannot guarantee availability onboard.

Upon boarding, please make yourself known to the Maitre d'Hotel. Each day your Head Waiter will provide you with the dining room menu for the following day and will assist with making suitable selections. Many items including and especially sauces may be prepared and thickened with flour and other products which contain gluten. Kindly note that it is not possible to produce all menu items in a gluten-free manner but, where possible, every attempt will be made to accommodate your needs.

Gluten-free beer and vodka are available for purchase for your personal consumption and your shipboard account will be charged accordingly. Note that alcoholic beverages cannot be taken ashore in any port. We offer:

Redbridge Gluten-Free Beer* $108 per case/24 bottles (requires 21 day advance request) US based products only; for international voyages, this will be substituted with a local product.

LiV Vodka* $60 per 1-litre bottle (requires 30-day advance request) US based products only; for international voyages, this will be substituted with a local product.

*Product branding and price are subject to change per market availability. Recipient must be a minimum of 21 years of age to request item.

Should you like to request gluten free beer or vodka, these items must be ordered in advance of your sailing. For requests received late, we cannot guarantee availability of these items onboard.

To request gluten-free beer or vodka, please contact our Dietary Coordinator using the dietary request form. Indicate the item and amount requested in the comment section of the form.

Unfortunately people on CC just can not refrain from personal attacks and mocking those who have a certain medical issue. Many don't even know what Celiac is or what causes it. I have never seen gluten free beer on Princess cruises but have not looked. Given that beer is traditionally made from barley and wheat, a brewery would have to make substitutions to keep the gluten out of the finished product. I have not seen gluten free beer at Total Wines but next trip I will look to see it they even carry any. Not good news for the OP however.

Unfortunately, many people consider a Gluten Free diet to be just a fad. My husband went into total kidney failure before he was diagnosed with Celiac Disease 6 years ago. Fortunately, he recovered after four days in the hospital. We watch his diet very closely. The celi in the digestive system helps process food. Celiac's disease basically means that the celi is no longer processing gluten food which means that it does not digest. Celiac is a serious disease that should not be confused with a fad diet. Total Wines has over 15 different types of GF beer. Most places that sell beer and many restaurants do offer GF beer.