My thoughts of the Navigator of the Seas cruise....December 9-17....

This is my 26th cruise, 6th on RCI.....but it is the first time I am reporting about our cruise....

We got to the port around 10:15 and were onboard around 11:35....we went straight to the dining room to get a set table for my time dining...We had 8 in our group and got a table for 8 @5:45....Our servers were James and Emanuel....table 533...they were beyond great...Might be the best we've had...we did eat in the main dining room every night and we all loved the food....Lobster night was so yummy...

We all had inside rooms overlooking the promenade...the bumped out window made the room seem really spacious....we all thought the mattress was comfortable and not hard as a rock...slept really good.

We liked all of the shows...of course the Beatles tribute band was the best..I watched both shows!!

The production shows were good also....comics were funny....and we all loved the ice show...speaking of which, the welcome back party was at the ice rink and they did a show for us...good also....

We loved the big hot tubs the ship had and spent lots of time there...pool water was chilly for me but I got in halfway....the whole ship was very pretty but I thought the art work on the Serenade was better....3 in our group were on their first ever cruise and they had a fantastic time!!! I was so glad as I picked out everything and the pressure was on me....it worked out great all the way around!!!!

2 had the drink package and 2 bought the drink card....no problem getting drinks anywhere, even dinner.....We all carried on 2 bottles of wine to enjoy at dinner.....no fees at all to open them....

Our room guy was good but hardly ever seen and not very talkative...the towel animals were all small...first time for that...nothing in our room was broken and the toilet worked the whole trip...

This was our second best cruise ever!!!! We just had a blast the whole time....the crew was friendly and helpful whenever needed....

We had a great time in the ports....I can tell you what we did if anyone is interested....

I know I used the words great and loved a lot but it really was a super duper cruise for us!!!! We are on the same cruise for next December and I will so be looking forward to that.....

Any questions??? I'll be glad to answer the best I can....

Happy New Year!!!! Happy Cruising....in 2017!!!!!

2 had the drink package and 2 bought the drink card....no problem getting drinks anywhere, even dinner.....We all carried on 2 bottles of wine to enjoy at dinner.....no fees at all to open them....

When did the drink cards go on sale? Was it 10 drinks? How much?

In Labadee we went to the beach, Columbus Cove....very nice...the lunch was yummy!

I went on the speed boat snorkeling tour and it was great...lots of live coral and tons of fish.....3 in our group did the zip line and really had fun with it....

In Curaçao we did a private tour with Irie tours...we tour the synagogue, love that...then to Shete Boca...also neat to see....then to Porto Marie beach....food was good, snorkeling was fair....beach was nice....saw the flamingos on the way back.....shopped after that....

Aruba....we did Palm Beach in the morning...parasailed....then went to Eagle beach in the afternoon.....we like Eagle the best..we ordered food from a little hut on the beach....they go get the food at a hotel restaurant and bring right to you on the beach it was really good..I had a local dish and it was yummy....some in our group did the submarine tour and said it was good...

Bonaire was the highlight...we snorkeled with the Woodwind catamaran....they put us in 3 groups based on experience....all the drinks you wanted including rum punch...the snorkeling was amazing...2nd best place that I've been too. Got lunch on the way back...an Indonesian dish that was great...the have a guy taking pictures of us and what we see...we bought it and I thought is well worth the 40 bucks they charged...in the p.m. We shopped...got some nice local crafts and jewelry....

We had a great time in each port!!!

Edited by preschool teacher

In Labadee we went to the beach, Columbus Cove....very nice...the lunch was yummy!

I went on the speed boat snorkeling tour and it was great...lots of live coral and tons of fish.....3 in our group did the zip line and really had fun with it....

In Curaçao we did a private tour with Irie tours...we tour the synagogue, love that...then to Shete Boca...also neat to see....then to Porto Marie beach....food was good, snorkeling was fair....beach was nice....saw the flamingos on the way back.....shopped after that....

Aruba....we did Palm Beach in the morning...parasailed....then went to Eagle beach in the afternoon.....we like Eagle the best..we ordered food from a little hut on the beach....they go get the food at a hotel restaurant and bring right to you on the beach it was really good..I had a local dish and it was yummy....some in our group did the submarine tour and said it was good...

Bonaire was the highlight...we snorkeled with the Woodwind catamaran....they put us in 3 groups based on experience....all the drinks you wanted including rum punch...the snorkeling was amazing...2nd best place that I've been too. Got lunch on the way back...an Indonesian dish that was great...the have a guy taking pictures of us and what we see...we bought it and I thought is well worth the 40 bucks they charged...in the p.m. We shopped...got some nice local crafts and jewelry....

Exciting to hear about Bonaire - we have never been and are looking forward to snorkeling :)

THANKS

Did you go in the morning with Woodwind? If so we were with you. We bought the usb too, it was definitely worth it.

Thanks for your review. I agree with you about the art on Serenade. I think it is some of the best in their fleet. :)

Woodwind is an awesome snorkeling experience! They are a wonderful tour company. When we last went, the DVD was $25. I will share your post to let our roll call know that the price has increased. The professional photos are so worth it though! I looked at my little Fuji cam photos and theirs....and there was no comparison. :D

Thanks.

This is my 26th cruise, 6th on RCI.....but it is the first time I am reporting about our cruise....

We got to the port around 10:15 and were onboard around 11:35....we went straight to the dining room to get a set table for my time dining...We had 8 in our group and got a table for 8 @5:45....Our servers were James and Emanuel....table 533...they were beyond great...Might be the best we've had...we did eat in the main dining room every night and we all loved the food....Lobster night was so yummy...

We all had inside rooms overlooking the promenade...the bumped out window made the room seem really spacious....we all thought the mattress was comfortable and not hard as a rock...slept really good.

We liked all of the shows...of course the Beatles tribute band was the best..I watched both shows!!

The production shows were good also....comics were funny....and we all loved the ice show...speaking of which, the welcome back party was at the ice rink and they did a show for us...good also....

We loved the big hot tubs the ship had and spent lots of time there...pool water was chilly for me but I got in halfway....the whole ship was very pretty but I thought the art work on the Serenade was better....3 in our group were on their first ever cruise and they had a fantastic time!!! I was so glad as I picked out everything and the pressure was on me....it worked out great all the way around!!!!

Our room guy was good but hardly ever seen and not very talkative...the towel animals were all small...first time for that...nothing in our room was broken and the toilet worked the whole trip...

This was our second best cruise ever!!!! We just had a blast the whole time....the crew was friendly and helpful whenever needed....

We had a great time in the ports....I can tell you what we did if anyone is interested....

I know I used the words great and loved a lot but it really was a super duper cruise for us!!!! We are on the same cruise for next December and I will so be looking forward to that.....

Thanks for your positive review of your trip. We are going with another couple who are avid cruisers... we have not been in quite a few years.

Question: How do you arrange transportation when you book your independent excursions?

thanks,JB

Thanks for your positive review of your trip. We are going with another couple who are avid cruisers... we have not been in quite a few years.

Question: How do you arrange transportation when you book your independent excursions?

thanks,JB

Some trans port was included with the tour price...anther we walked to...one we took a cab to...