5 Ships in port that day 15,000 cruiser

mheh123

On February 21 there will be 5 ships in port with about 15,000 people. We are docking at 09:00 hopefully off the ship by 09:30. Which beach will be the best place to spend a few hours that won't be over run by cruisers. Also about how long would you need to spend on shopping in Phillipsburg.

On February 21 there will be 5 ships in port with about 15,000 people. We are docking at 09:00 hopefully off the ship by 09:30. Which beach will be the best place to spend a few hours that won't be over run by cruisers. Also about how long would you need to spend on shopping in Phillipsburg.

A reasonable price away from the Cruise Herds - Then Pinel Island

Taxi US$ 10.00 pp e/w including tip

Ferry US$ 10/12.00 return

2 Beds & 1 Umbrella US$ 20.00 - Will ask for US$25.00, but say you paid 20.00 last time

Recommend Yellow Beach Restaurant -

For a front row sea view position, Book your beds and day in advance +590 590 77 1500 -

Super seafood And a kid friendly beach

5 ships are normal in St. Marten midweek, sometimes with 20000 people. Any of the standard beaches will work. I prefer Orient which is about 20-25 minutes from Havensight and 20 from town. You can easily spend 2-3 hrs shopping in town or 1-2 hrs at the port. Tough question because some people shop all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

5 ships are normal in St. Marten midweek, sometimes with 20000 people. Any of the standard beaches will work. I prefer Orient which is about 20-25 minutes from Havensight and 20 from town. You can easily spend 2-3 hrs shopping in town or 1-2 hrs at the port. Tough question because some people shop all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Havensight is St. Thomas. Shopping time is impossible to quantify - I'm done in 10 minutes - there are some for whom the entire time in port is insufficient.

I think 2 hrs is plenty of time for shopping in town.

I would only do Pinel island while on a cruise stop myself if I had a rental car or did a excursion. It's not a place that is really frequented by taxis and with 5 ships in port the taxis will be doing the runs to and from the regular spots as that's where the people are so that's where the money is. I like Pinel a lot but would not rely on a regular taxi to get me back to the port while on a cruise. I have read of near misses from Pinel BTW.