TRIKES coming to Cozumel!!!!!

mrsfuzzmo

So, for any of you who've done the Aruba Trike tours (we are doing our first one in early Feb.) I just received a message from them that they are coming to Cozumel!! I can't wait to try them out in Aruba, and if we have a good time, we may see about booking them in Cozumel in June!

If you have not seen these cool modes of transport, do a quick search for Aruba Trikes. I think these will be a HUGE hit in Cozumel.

What is the big deal? They are just 3 wheeled Motorcycles. I hope they do it as a tour and do not just rent them out. It is a nightmare here sometimes with tourists who do not know the roads or how to ride, rent scooters. Injuries and deaths because of this are common, so be careful.

We did Trikes-Auba tour in November. Maybe the most fun we've had on an excursion! Very nice deluxe trikes (Rewacco, check their website for info). Met us at the pier for sort ride to their shop. Explained the controls and took a test ride before you have to drive with them on board to show you are able to operate safely. Guided tour was 4+ hours with several stops.

Have already arranged to do it again on Coz in February if they're up and running.

A note on the trikes.They are factory built in Europe using Mitsubishi 4 cylinder engines with automatic transmission. Wife and I have both been riding motorcycles for over 40 years and we enjoyed these very much. You really don't need any motorcycle experience to drive/ride one of these. Very stable and easy to get used to.

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ rating from us!

What is the big deal? They are just 3 wheeled Motorcycles. I hope they do it as a tour and do not just rent them out. It is a nightmare here sometimes with tourists who do not know the roads or how to ride, rent scooters. Injuries and deaths because of this are common, so be careful.

They are tours

We did Trikes-Auba tour in November. Maybe the most fun we've had on an excursion! Very nice deluxe trikes (Rewacco, check their website for info). Met us at the pier for sort ride to their shop. Explained the controls and took a test ride before you have to drive with them on board to show you are able to operate safely. Guided tour was 4+ hours with several stops.

Have already arranged to do it again on Coz in February if they're up and running.

A note on the trikes.They are factory built in Europe using Mitsubishi 4 cylinder engines with automatic transmission. Wife and I have both been riding motorcycles for over 40 years and we enjoyed these very much. You really don't need any motorcycle experience to drive/ride one of these. Very stable and easy to get used to.

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ rating from us![/quote

One of our best excursions. Will do again in April if they are in business 😊

We won't be doing it for that price. We can rent a car for a lot less and see a lot more but hey that's just us.

I feel exactly the same.

I guess the fun is just driving a different kind of vehicle but for that price I would at least want to know where I was going, and where I was going to stop.

Not sure that a motorized vehicle like that can use the bike road on the east side and nowadays without being able to use that lane it is difficult to see the natural beauty without stopping. The transveral road is not very exciting, and the road up from the south back to the piers could be a highway anywhere.

For me Cozumel is about the stops, not the roads.

http://trikes-cozumel.com/ I believe they are open for booking. 😊

I completed the on-line form and received an e-mail within a day stating they are finalizing government approval, hope to be in business soon and will contact me as soon as everything is set-up in order to finalize the reservation. I think one of their social media sites notes they hope to start operating sometime in Jan '17.

Before DS, my DW and I did the Harley tour and had a blast. We all loved Trikes Aruba a few years ago and are looking forward to Trikes Coz.