Boston Hotels

SeaThruU

My DH and I are sailing on RCI Serenade of the Seas for a New England/Canada cruise in September 2017. We are flying in the day before the cruise. What area should I be looking at for hotels close to the cruise port.

Also, we will be staying post cruise, also in Boston, for a couple of days to tour the historic areas of the city. Any recommendations for hotel for those days?

My DH and I are sailing on RCI Serenade of the Seas for a New England/Canada cruise in September 2017. We are flying in the day before the cruise. What area should I be looking at for hotels close to the cruise port.

Also, we will be staying post cruise, also in Boston, for a couple of days to tour the historic areas of the city. Any recommendations for hotel for those days?

What are your exact dates? What is your hotel budget? Boston hotels are very expensive, so your budget is going to determine whether or not you can stay near the Cruiseport or in downtown Boston for sightseeing.

Can you manage your luggage?

One strategy is to make a cancellable reservation and watch prices on third party sites like Hotwire and LastMinuteTravel. If there is a good deal, you have to be prepared to jump on it and book it immediately, prepaying if necessary.

OK - so you're sailing 9/16/17. On Hotwire I'm seeing a 3* hotel for $197 plus taxes and fees. This is likely to be Residence Inn which is close to the Courthouse SilverLine stop. The Silver Line is free from the airport, so no taxi required! There is also free breakfast.

This is a really good deal.

Thank you for all of your replies. We are on the 9/17 sailing. Budget is not an issue, but location is just for convenience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lucky you! Many folks who post here are freaked out by Boston hotel prices.

For your precruise night I would look at the Seaport Hotel. Other options would be the Renaissance and the Westin. The Seaport is more cozy. The Westin is lovely, but it's a massive hotel next to the Convention Center. The Seaport is across Northern Ave from the harbor and the Silver Line stops right across Congress St.

For post cruise I would consider the Copley/Back Bay area. The Westin there is attached to Copley Place as is the Marriott. The Sheraton is attached to the Prudential Center. Many shopping and dining options in the area including indoor options in case of bad weather. You can do the tourist thing during the day, but you have comfortable places to hang out in the evening. The Hoho bus has a stop there and the duck tours leave from this area.

Lucky you! Many folks who post here are freaked out by Boston hotel prices.

For your precruise night I would look at the Seaport Hotel. Other options would be the Renaissance and the Westin. The Seaport is more cozy. The Westin is lovely, but it's a massive hotel next to the Convention Center. The Seaport is across Northern Ave from the harbor and the Silver Line stops right across Congress St.

For post cruise I would consider the Copley/Back Bay area. The Westin there is attached to Copley Place as is the Marriott. The Sheraton is attached to the Prudential Center. Many shopping and dining options in the area including indoor options in case of bad weather. You can do the tourist thing during the day, but you have comfortable places to hang out in the evening. The Hoho bus has a stop there and the duck tours leave from this area.

Thanks for these recommendations!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums