Current Platinum/Diamond Gift on Conquest?

Sparky2

Well, actually I think I am pretty special; and, no I'm not a travel agent. I'm retired and since I live in WNY, I spend some of my winter on a ship, in the cheapest room possible, because that's cheaper than spending money renting a place in Florida..

That is awesome, good for you! If I still lived in WNY I could see that being my retirement plan too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, actually I think I am pretty special; and, no I'm not a travel agent. I'm retired and since I live in WNY, I spend some of my winter on a ship, in the cheapest room possible, because that's cheaper than spending money renting a place in Florida..

I think that is wonderful! You are very fortunate! We once got 8 of the chess boards, try to fly home with those! lol We gave 4 of them to people on the ship and 2 of them we gave back with a "thank you anyway".

I think that is wonderful! You are very fortunate! We once got 8 of the chess boards, try to fly home with those! lol We gave 4 of them to people on the ship and 2 of them we gave back with a "thank you anyway".

I have a bunch of chess boards too; unfortunately, no one I know plays chess. My favorites were the Tervis, the coffee thermos, and the insulated cooler bag. I give away as much as possible to my family and I usually pack light with no checked bags, but doing 8 straight is harder and I end up having to check one bag at the airport. I just can't fly with a lot of useless gifts, even though I do appreciate the gesture.

That's just genius!

we gave our chess boards to a youth chess club, they loved them. I have enjoyed several of the platinum gifts like the tervis tumblers, the mini cooler/lunchbox, large tote bag, stainless thermos, travel mugs.

That is awesome and if I also still lived in Buffalo NY then that would be my retirement plan.

It's been great. In 2015, we ship-hopped for 6 weeks on 4 ships. Too much packing and unpacking. In 2016 we did 8 straight on one ship, so no packing and unpacking. 2017 and 2018, the plan is the same. One ship, one room. That's as long as everyone stays healthy. We've priced staying in Florida, but too expensive when you look at accommodations, food, travel, etc. I'd much rather be on a cruise ship and on the water.

A few years ago we sailed with an eldery couple from WI who were doing 10 weeks (5 B2Bs) on 5 different ships & 3 different cruiselines. She said it was cheaper than renting a place in FL for 2-1/2 month PLUS she didn't have to clean or cook. Smart lady!

I would be happy with anything EXCEPT the Croc Visor! Just sayin'[/quote

We met a very nice younger couple (our adult kid's ages) on our B2B in 2014. That's when we got the nice beachbag. They're quite a few days from Platinum so I gave her one. Since then, I've given her whatever we've received on our 2015 & 2016 cruise. My DH is not usually interested in the gift except for the Tervis Tumblers (our 1st Platinum gift).

I don't think she'd want the croc visor, though, so we'd have 4 to get rid of on this B2B.

Two of my granddaughters liked the beach bag so that was no problem. Don't know whether they'd be interested in the note card/box cuz who writes notes anymore?