60 days out-38 available Breakaway Haven Suites

penwah2002

A little surprised to see 38 Haven suites on the BA 02/26/17 sailing. We booked an H5 suite for what I consider a great price.

My point being, I'm wondering if there is going to be a lot of attempts to up sell since this sailing does not even look close to being full, not even close.

Edited by penwah2002

I am on the same 2/26 sailing (also in the Haven). :) I was in the Haven on the 9/11 Bermuda cruise and 60 days out we were in a similar situation (something like 25+ Haven cabins available, I think). By 10 days out the Haven was completely sold out, but the cruise ended up going out only about 90% booked.

I remember being a little concerned sailing in a booked Haven on an unsold ship (thinking the Haven would feel busy and cramped). Nothing could have been further from the actuality however! The Haven never felt crowded -- always seats at the bar and in the courtyard, always at least one completely empty hot tub, never a wait for any meal at the Haven restaurant, concierge always available, etc.

The rest of ship, on the other hand, was generally very busy and the pool deck was absolutely crazy -- I could not imagine another 10% crammed into that pool deck. I enjoyed the energy of the ship and the people watching was 1st rate, but nothing beats opening that door to the Haven and stepping into complete peace, quiet and serenity :)

Doesn't surprise me at all. I can often cruise a luxury line for less than the haven, and not have to deal with thousands of people getting on and off the ship.

Most of those cabins are booked through upsells.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I can often cruise a luxury line for less than the haven, and not have to deal with thousands of people getting on and off the ship.

Most of those cabins are booked through upsells.

Haven pax enjoy priority boarding and disembarkation. On and off in a snap, every time which is one of the reasons we choose the Haven.

I am on the same 2/26 sailing (also in the Haven). :) I was in the Haven on the 9/11 Bermuda cruise and 60 days out we were in a similar situation (something like 25+ Haven cabins available, I think). By 10 days out the Haven was completely sold out, but the cruise ended up going out only about 90% booked.

I remember being a little concerned sailing in a booked Haven on an unsold ship (thinking the Haven would feel busy and cramped). Nothing could have been further from the actuality however! The Haven never felt crowded -- always seats at the bar and in the courtyard, always at least one completely empty hot tub, never a wait for any meal at the Haven restaurant, concierge always available, etc.

The rest of ship, on the other hand, was generally very busy and the pool deck was absolutely crazy -- I could not imagine another 10% crammed into that pool deck. I enjoyed the energy of the ship and the people watching was 1st rate, but nothing beats opening that door to the Haven and stepping into complete peace, quiet and serenity :)

We experienced the same with our Bermuda trip in May. We are less than 60 days out now, time to start packing....right??