Need help from fellow Canadians

triptastic

Hi,

I am considering booking a cruise for spring break (Europe) with 2 kids and husband.I want some advice from the Canadians on this board about how to get the best value with our terrible dollar. I know some lines offer a bit better exchange rate. Do any of you have tips an also a great agent that will get you the best deal. I know you can't name names so please feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Sadly - I just suck it up and book it directly with MSC in USD. Pay for it with a TD US$ Visa. But - I have a steady supply of US cash so it doesn't hurt as much, even though of course it costs much more in real (CAD) dollars.

We loved MSC and have booked a two week sail out of Hamburg next summer - and we are also looking at the Divina for next Christmas.

Sorry can't be of more help...

Hi,

We've cruised on NCL and are about to cruise on MSC. What I'd advise you to do is look for a Canadian TA. We're not permitted to share that info but you should be able to find someone to expedite your vacation plans.

NCL has an offer of "Canadian money at Par" on certain cruises although it isn't really, it's set at a specific rate and you can check it by using currency exchange to compare if it's a good value. Here's a link to what's being offered for Canadians: https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-deals/canada-at-par

Check it carefully, do your due diligence and then feel free to ask questions.

Hope this helps,

Hi,

I am considering booking a cruise for spring break (Europe) with 2 kids and husband.I want some advice from the Canadians on this board about how to get the best value with our terrible dollar. I know some lines offer a bit better exchange rate. Do any of you have tips an also a great agent that will get you the best deal. I know you can't name names so please feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

I have a tip- just close your eyes and pay :p then pray for new Prime Minister ASAP. It's not helping to save money but save a lot on your nerve system. :p:p I am going to Europe cruise as well next year I fell your pain :o

You can order a US currency Credit Card from TD, RBC, etc. It will save you some money on fees and exchange rate.

Someone advised to use TA, but I saved 5% of the cruise price after I called directly to MSC. I asked to qualify me for a discount (any discount) and they did :). It might work for you too. I realise that 5% is not huge, but still...