CHANKANAAB BEACH ADVENTURE PARK Snorkeling?

refted

At the northern end, your right facing the water, it's pretty similar to Playa Corona. It's at the southern end of the iron shore. But if you want to pay the park admission and do other things at the Park besides snorkel and beach, it is a good way to go.

There is a small snorkel section with clear water and some statues and things sunk in the water to explore.

As mentioned above, if you are planning to visit the park anyway it is good snorkeling; I would not pay the park admission fee of about $20 each when you can snorkel for no admission at the Money Bar (it is polite to order some snacks and drinks).

We love to snorkel at the Money Bar Beach Club - check out their web site; good snorkeling from the shore, good facilities, and good food/drinks/service. Sometimes we stay all day and other times we snorkel for an hour or two and then head off to another club with a real beach.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

I am sorry I thought Money Bar was Chankanaab park. I would love to know more about the Money Bar. Do you take a cab from the Carnival dock to Money Bar. Are there stairs or easy access into the water. good snorkeling? Chairs to rent? Any idea how much the cab fare is from the Carnival dock?

Thanks so much for more info!

Didn't care for the snorkeling at the money bar, current is stronger not many fish. Harder to get into the water . The food at the money bar is great!!! Chankanaab is really nice, easy current (stronger over by the dolphin area). Can get a coupon off their website to save a few bucks.

I am sorry I thought Money Bar was Chankanaab park. I would love to know more about the Money Bar. Do you take a cab from the Carnival dock to Money Bar. Are there stairs or easy access into the water. good snorkeling? Chairs to rent? Any idea how much the cab fare is from the Carnival dock?

Thanks so much for more info!

Chankanaab is a Marine park with about a $20 admission fee; it offers animal shows, swimming with the dolphins ($$), a small beach, small pool, plus the snorkel area.

Money Bar charges no admission fee and good snorkeling from the shore. Current will depend upon what the ocean is doing - if it is strong, walk up stream, enter, and let the current take you back - easy! See the web site I linked above for details.

I'm about to revisit Cozumel in April and thinking about giving Money Bar a try if we don't do the secret river excursion. We did Chankanaab park last time and I was a little disappointed with the snorkeling - didn't seem like much to see. Maybe it's better on other days.

Edited by Flafun888

We went to Chankanaab the first time in Cozumel and thought it was worth the admission (did get the discount from their website). It was interesting to see the Mayan/Aztec replicas, and we thought the snorkeling was decent. The underwater statue of Christ did creep me out a bit, though!

Does Chankanaab have snorkel rentals or do you recommend bringing your own set (hopefully we can fit it in the luggage...)

You can rent everything at Chank - when I do a snorkel tour I bring my own prescription mask and snorkel and just use their fins and vest.

Just to check...you titled this thread "CHANKANAAB BEACH ADVENTURE PARK Snorkeling".

Is this just your title, or is it the name of a ship excursion?

If an excursion, don't waste your money.

Walk thru the port shops to the taxi stand and take a taxi to Chankanaab. The cab will be about $12. and entrance to the Park is $22. more or less.