Transatlantic on Epic

ShipsAhoy508

Need advice from cruisers who know. I am looking at a transatlantic on the Epic in November of 2017. It leaves Spain and cruises to Orlando. I love sea days the most about cruising.

Never having crossed the atlantic on a ship and not knowing anything about it my question is. Is crossing from Spain to Orlando in November a bad or good time of year to do such a thing???

With the $50 deposit I'm wondering. I know the low deposit ends soon.

Thanks

I have done it twice on Epic ...after Tenerife the weather got much warmer .We were under gorgeous sun and blue skies .it was a very calm crossing ...wonderful I love the Epic been on 5 times ..med before is coolish but comfy

Shows are wonderful ...food is very good othet entertainment lots of fun .I think seadays are a real vacation ..no rush just lazzzzzxy days ...great stuff

Go enjoy

Michele

im doiing Getaway next fall too ....l😎😎😎😎😎🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳

As Michele said, it gets warm. The Epic takes the southern route. I don't remember a day when the pool area wasn't full with folks in swimsuits. People like you and Michele who live in colder climates generally don't have an issue. I'm from Florida (more south) so even though I don't like the heat, I'm more acclimated to it. The temps were perfect until we got to the Caribbean which, like Florida, is too hot for me. Be sure you learn about Epic before you commit to the ta (I love the ship-5 cruises including 2 ta's with 2 more booked-but she isn't for everyone). I'll post back the correct thread for the roll call. Roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2332009. You may also want to locate past Epic ta roll calls and read the "after" posts. Note: I see you're doing Epic Caribbean in Feb. The atmosphere is totally different (better, in our opinion) on a ta vs Caribbean, but you are familiar with the Caribbean cruises, too.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

Thanks to everyone for your info. I'm still unsure what I will do.

I've never done it on the Epic but have done it more than once on NCL smaller ships and on Oceania's older ships. We've always bee fortunate in having good seas. Once the captain had to change from northern route to southern route to avoid stormy seas. You can be sure the captain will be watching weather and seas.

By far our favorite Transatlantic. The seas were smooth and the days were beautiful. We really enjoyed the sea days and the whole cruise. Our other TA's were Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Epic won hands down. Do not cancel, you will have a great experience and wonderful trip.

I've done about 15 Ta's. There are days that will be "cool". I've had a wide range of seas from storm rough to smooth. No way to know what your sailing will be.

I will suggest however, EVERY year- for the last several, the Epic has price dumped late bookings. I never book TA's ahead and snag the bargains. This past October, the Epic was $399. Nothing worse than hearing the grips from over payers.

If they are going to Orlando I hope they are going to dig a really big ditch. Last time I checked Orlando was pretty much in the middle of the state and landlocked. :eek:

(Just busting your chops. I assume you meant Port Canaveral not Orlando. ;)

We did a TA on the Epic in October 2013. On the ship for 17 days total after leaving from Rome and loved every minute of it. Smooth sailing most of the time, had sunny days and met wonderful people. After leaving Madeira, we had six full days at sea before reaching the next port, St. Thomas. What's great is that you settle into a relaxing rhythm and the ship becomes a real community. Very fond memories of that amazing trip! Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did the trans last October 30 and except for part of one day of rain the weather was gorgeous. I slept with my balcony door open every night. Was swimming weather about every day and I never used my colder weather clothes I brought except pants and a jacket a bit in Barcelona.

Need advice from cruisers who know. I am looking at a transatlantic on the Epic in November of 2017. It leaves Spain and cruises to Orlando. I love sea days the most about cruising.

Never having crossed the atlantic on a ship and not knowing anything about it my question is. Is crossing from Spain to Orlando in November a bad or good time of year to do such a thing???

With the $50 deposit I'm wondering. I know the low deposit ends soon.

Thanks

I did a TA in May 2012 and a couple of days had strong wings. I read all reviews of Epic TA on October 2016 and they all said "nice sunny days" I think these big ships are the best way ro do a TA since there are more places to stay and more activities to do.

It it very cold at sea? Are you ab;e to walk around on the open deck. I realize its not swimming pool weather but is it comfortable to sit up there and relax?

Sorry about a lot of questions but I've only cruised the Caribbean.

I've done 5 or 6 TAs, both Eastbound and Westbound and I did an Eastbound on Epic a couple years ago. I've never experienced anything but smooth sailing other than a storm off the coast of Portugal last April on Princess. It's usually pretty decent weather in November and being out on deck would depend on how windy it is.

Edited by Lido_Deck