Looking for recent info on the Miracle

auntieshoes

I have read a lot of interesting posts that are ship specific, but not much about the Miracle. For us the Miracle was the only option as we had to work around a school break and wanted a port we could drive to.

We leave in about 10 weeks and I would love to read about other people's experiences on the ship who have recently been out on it.

I'd love to hear about fun activities on sea days, food that was worth trying and what to skip, the entertainment offered, the cabin amenities or anything else you want to share about your vacation.

We are booked in a premium balcony (obstructed view) and a standard balcony on deck 5.

We already have our excursions booked and probably won't have any specialty meals. One in our group is vegan (he may decide to be vegetarian for the week) and another does not eat red meat and a third is very picky. So MDR or buffet should do the trick for us.

I look forward to fun inspiring stories!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have nothing to share as I haven't sailed on the Miracle yet. But I'm booked with my daughter and a group of 7+ other families on 3/18. Sounds like around when you'll be going, right? We're also on Deck 5, obstructed view balcony.

Anyway, thought I would post so I can get notifications when others share their experiences. We sailed on the Imagination last March and are very excited to enjoy a longer cruise.

We're off on the Miracle in the early part of Feb. and will post a review when we return. We are a family of 7 and we've cruised on many lines with and without the children so if you have anything specific you would like me to check out for you let me know.

Like the Miracle. Sailed on her many times out of Long Beach. Hopefully Chloe will be your CD, she's a bundle of energy.

On our HI cruise in October the food was hit or miss. Some nights I had several appetizers instead of appetizer/entree. The fish chefs were always spot on in the MDR and up in the buffet. The braised lamb has always been very greasy.

Search 'Vegan'. It can be done but it's easier to do vegetarian. There will be at least one vegetarian option in every category on the menu. At dinner the Indian entree is always available. The proteins change each day.

If your Vegan wants to eat Vegan they should see the Hostess when the Maitre 'd has hours at embarkation. Hours will be in the FunTmes, usually starting around 1pm. The hostess will take that night's order. Each night the hostess or your waiter will bring you the next day's MDR menu-breakfast, brunch/lunch and dinner. If deciding between two entrees, order both. For brunch don't hesitate to order a breakfast and lunch if you want to eat both meals in the MDR.

For room service, they cannot make special for you but they can tell you the ingredients. No special area so there is always the possibility of contamination

In the buffet ask the Hostess or the Head Lido Chef or the Food and Beverage crew in the officer whites. DO NOT ask the line cooks. They mean well but do not know the full recipes. Cross contamination is always a possibility.

Hint-- you can take veggies over to the pizza station and they'll put them on your pizza. You'll need to take the whole pie as it's a special order.

We went back in July so it was almost a year ago but I will still share some thoughts. For seaday breakfast I would highly recommend going to the seaday brunch in the dining room. Port days I recommend the omelet station. Best omelets I have had. Definitely go to the mad hatter lounge and see some comedy shows. Hopefully you have some good comedians. In the fountainhead cafe try the taste bar. Also in the fountainhead during seadays they have all sorts of trivia. The little coffee stand there has some good sweets for a small price as well. If Chloe is the CD like another poster mentioned, there will be a Disney trivia in the promenade as she is a huge Disney fan. Study your Disney songs!!

For other foods I would definitely say if you like sandwiches the deli is awesome. In the dining room try the bisque ( cold soups, strawberry is the best!) if you get a chance to have bacon mac and cheese do it! You won't regret it. I think the chocolate melting cake was awesome as well. Also remember in the dining room you can order as much as you want. Don't forget that there is 24/7 ice cream, frozen yogurt, lemonade, and hot chocolate that we thought were amazing. Think there is tea and coffee too. One thing I didn't get to try that I heard was awesome was sea day tea time. Also for anyone new to Pacific Ocean cruising, water can be a little more rough. Anyways have an awesome cruise!!

We went back in July so it was almost a year ago but I will still share some thoughts. For seaday breakfast I would highly recommend going to the seaday brunch in the dining room. Port days I recommend the omelet station. Best omelets I have had. Definitely go to the mad hatter lounge and see some comedy shows. Hopefully you have some good comedians. In the fountainhead cafe try the taste bar. Also in the fountainhead during seadays they have all sorts of trivia. The little coffee stand there has some good sweets for a small price as well. If Chloe is the CD like another poster mentioned, there will be a Disney trivia in the promenade as she is a huge Disney fan. Study your Disney songs!!

For other foods I would definitely say if you like sandwiches the deli is awesome. In the dining room try the bisque ( cold soups, strawberry is the best!) if you get a chance to have bacon mac and cheese do it! You won't regret it. I think the chocolate melting cake was awesome as well. Also remember in the dining room you can order as much as you want. Don't forget that there is 24/7 ice cream, frozen yogurt, lemonade, and hot chocolate that we thought were amazing. Think there is tea and coffee too. One thing I didn't get to try that I heard was awesome was sea day tea time. Also for anyone new to Pacific Ocean cruising, water can be a little more rough. Anyways have an awesome cruise!!

Chloe is now on the Splendor

I haven't sailed miracle yet, but will in Dec 2017. She is a "Spirit" class ship, which I have sailed. I like the deck plans on this class- easy to figure out your way around the ship, yet large enough that public spaces are not overly crowded. Enjoy your cruise

We have cruised on her a dozen times and are going back in Feb. Food choices are very good on the Lido Deck. In addition to a very good buffet there is an excellent salad bar, Pizza, Deli, Chop Stix (Asian) a burger/dogs bar with all kinds of goodies and 24 hr ice cream.

The entertainment is quite good throughout the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

The Miracle is probably my favorite ship. We cruised on her when she was out of NYC though so it's been a little while. The food was always Carnival standard, but the service was always the best we have ever day. The dining room is a little overwhelming, but the grapes grow on you. We've always had private tables for four, but if you want to be at a bigger table, that's always possible. I like that the dining room is at the aft, and there is no need to do the up down around thing on other ships.

As for the rooms, we always traveled in an ocean suite, so were midship deck six. The rooms are large, have more than enough storage, and the bathrooms are great with the tub/shower, a huge vanity, and then the dressing area. The room stewards were either great and personable, or just great and very focused on their work.

Room service was always fast, I am notorious for ordering food at obscure hours, and they were always very accommodating to us. Food was always delivered quickly and correctly.

The kids club is all the way forward, in what feels like a really awkward place, and if the seas are rough, that can be kind of tough on the kids and the crew. The same problem could be said for the theater, which is obviously up front too. I love the Gatsby area there as well, a good place to curl up with a book and be away from it all and not in the stateroom.

Up on deck nine, there is a 'secret' deck, which is where we would go to star gaze, since there's little light pollution from the stuff going on in the pool area. It was never crowded, and would be one of my daughter's favorite places.

Up on deck nine, there is a 'secret' deck, which is where we would go to star gaze, since there's little light pollution from the stuff going on in the pool area. It was never crowded, and would be one of my daughter's favorite places.

...and where is this 'secret' deck, and how do we get to it?

We are on Miracle later this month to and from Hawaii.

Dan