Ultimate Drink Package

kampinguru

Good morning

I purchased the Ultimate Drink package back in Aug for our Feb 2017 sailing on Adventure. I paid for it in full including the 18% gratuity charge. Now i notice that there is only one package called the delux package and that does not include gratuity. Apparently it is added on a per drink basis to you your account. Not sure if that is the case or not. Anyone have any on-board experience with buying a package that no longer exists? thanks.

Good morning

I purchased the Ultimate Drink package back in Aug for our Feb 2017 sailing on Adventure. I paid for it in full including the 18% gratuity charge. Now i notice that there is only one package called the delux package and that does not include gratuity. Apparently it is added on a per drink basis to you your account. Not sure if that is the case or not. Anyone have any on-board experience with buying a package that no longer exists? thanks.

None of the beverage packages add gratuity at the time you order drinks. The gratuity is paid up front when the package is first purchased.

This is what the Cruise Critic website said about the drink package for RCCL now.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1470

Royal Caribbean

Ships: All ships with three-night or longer itineraries offer the all-inclusive package.

Package Details: Royal Caribbean has one alcohol-inclusive beverage package on offer. The $55 per person, per day Deluxe Beverage package includes premium coffee and tea, bottled still and sparkling water, fresh-squeezed orange juice, house and premium cocktails (up to $12 value), frozen cocktails, beers, premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value), nonalcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas with a souvenir Coca-Cola cup, a 40 percent discount on wine bottle purchases up to $100 and a 20 percent discount on wine bottle purchases more than $100. For drinks over $12, a $12 credit will be applied to the price of the drink.

Prices do not include an 18-percent gratuity that will be applied to each individual drink order.

Fine Print: The drinks package is available on all two-night or longer sailings and must be purchased a minimum of four days before the cruise ends. Only passengers who intend to use a package need to buy it. Package users may only order one item at a time for individual consumption. There is no daily limit on how many items a person may order.

Edited by kampinguru

Your Ultimate drink package automatically becomes the Deluxe package. You would have paid the 18% tips when you purchased your package so no extra tips will be added to your bill - unless you buy a drink that is over the $12 limit - then they will add the additional cost of drink (over $12) and tip for the additional cost only.

The Deluxe package has some additional items like fresh squeezed orange juice that the Ultimate did not cover.

Enjoy!!

The Deluxe package has some additional items like fresh squeezed orange juice that the Ultimate did not cover.

Enjoy!!

The Ultimate always included fresh squeezed OJ.

It was the Premium that did not include fresh juices.

Sent from a mobile device

We just came back from a B2B sailing. We purchased the Ultimate before the change. We got everything we ordered on the package. There was never a charge for the gratuities since we paid them when buying the package. Didn't have to pay additional for anything. The fine print says Starbucks is not covered but we we were told by another couple that you could get Starbucks. We went several times after that and were never charged.