Webcam for Stx France shipyard

Drobot234

Hey!

Can anyone tell me where I can find a webcam for the STX France shipyard, similar to the one at Meyer Werft? It'd be great to follow to construction on Celebrity Cruises new ships.

Thanks!

Nic

Edited by Drobot234

Hey!

Can anyone tell me where I can find a webcam for the STX France shipyard, similar to the one at Meyer Werft? It'd be great to follow to construction on Celebrity Cruises new ships.

Thanks!

Nic

Nic,

I have done extensive searches for that. Checked every page on the STX website and been asking for months. I am afraid we are out of luck. Unlike Meyer Werft, I am guessing STX would rather build their ships in secrecy. :D We too really enjoyed watching Solstice come together back in 2007-8.

Jim

Hey!

Thanks!

Nic

Judging by the lack of info from Celebrity itself. I would assume that they are not allow to have a web cam of their ship being built.

• 2 weeks later...
Judging by the lack of info from Celebrity itself. I would assume that they are not allow to have a web cam of their ship being built.

They did with Solstice class, different shipyard though. And it's not their ship, the yard's until the official hand over. ;)

ontopic; was looking for the same, no result.. it's up to Facebook and Instagram searches for some images during the build I guess..

Edited by FreestyleNovice

They did with Solstice class, different shipyard though. And it's not their ship, the yard's until the official hand over. ;)

I highly doubt than any shipyard would have carte blanche ability to post information, photos or videos of a ship they are building for a customer who will ultimately own it. Especially the first one of it's kind.

It may that the shipyard legally owns the ship until handover, but the cruise line has a vested interest in retaining the rights to the disclosure of information about it while it is being constructed. That would be part of the contract between the cruise line and the shipyard.

Edited by sloopsailor

I highly doubt than any shipyard would have carte blanche ability to post information, photos or videos of a ship they are building for a customer who will ultimately own it. Especially the first one of it's kind.

It may that the shipyard legally owns the ship until handover, but the cruise line has a vested interest in retaining the rights to the disclosure of information about it while it is being constructed. That would be part of the contract between the cruise line and the shipyard.

I know Meyer Werft employees are not to post photos of their builds, yet they do have a visitor's viewing platform into the large building hall for the yard excursions and update their (small sized) webcam still once a week during the build. I guess your view is right about what's inside and the approach to the build. And that the exterior of the ship is of less importance as any competition is one step behind as the ship is already being constructed, or something like that. :)