Maho Beach ONLY

GrummanTiger

I have read many of the existing threads but cannot find one that answers my question.

DH and I would like to spend the WHOLE day, or as much as is possible during the time ship is in port, at Maho Beach. DH is a private pilot who LOVES planes. This is all we want to do in St. Maarten.

My question is: What is the best way to get there and back to the ship? There are SEVERAL tours available, but they all go "other" places as well and seem to only spend an hour or so actually at Maho Beach.

Thank you for any information!

GT

I have read many of the existing threads but cannot find one that answers my question.

DH and I would like to spend the WHOLE day, or as much as is possible during the time ship is in port, at Maho Beach. DH is a private pilot who LOVES planes. This is all we want to do in St. Maarten.

My question is: What is the best way to get there and back to the ship? There are SEVERAL tours available, but they all go "other" places as well and seem to only spend an hour or so actually at Maho Beach.

Thank you for any information!

GT

I can't think of a question on here that has been asked and answered more. I agree with the others and suggest that you take a taxi.

Sunset Bar and Grill has been redone recently and they have a really nice covered area for meals and watching the planes. Enjoy!

Okay all votes are for Taxi. Any idea of the COST of a taxi?

Thank you!

GT

Well, not all, the post just above yours recommends taking the $2 bus.

A taxi just for the two of you should run $20 each way.

If shared, $8 or $9 per person. Rate changes at 6 passengers, but the dispatcher will group people together.

gary

p.s. The bus to Maho is $2, but it doesn't run to the Cruise Facility. You have to get downtown, which is a 20 minute or so walk or $4-$5 by taxi or Water Taxi per person to catch it.

Taking a public bus seems like a strange way to save money while on a beautiful Caribbean island for a short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't consider it strange at all.

We take local/public transportation in many places that we travel, all around the world.

It's a chance to really meet the locals and see what they see.

In St. Maarten, the bus ride to Maho takes about the same amount of time as a taxi. Same roads and same traffic. A handful of stops at about 2 minutes per doesn't greatly affect the elapsed time.

gary

Taking a public bus seems like a strange way to save money while on a beautiful Caribbean island for a short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not strange. We've taken the bus a few times such as in Aruba and Grand Cayman. Both times, we were the first ones to arrive at our destination.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app