What are the perks you get when you turn PLATINUM?

Galleon1234

You will get priority boarding, etc from the beginning. Your ship card will be platinum.

I agree . . . . .however, you may have to remind them. My first PLATINUM cruise I didn't get a PLATINUM card and went to the Purser and asked why. They went in the back, did some checking and came out apologizing up and down with my NEW PLATINUM card. Later in the day an officer came to my cabin and gave me a letter of apology and a bottle of wine and apologized up and down all over the place again. Kind of nice. :D

To be fair, this was back in the "days of yore" when there were maybe only 30 to 40 PLATINUMS on any given cruise.:rolleyes:

Love the laundry benefit.

To the OP: just be aware the free laundry is wash and fold. It does not include dry cleaning and you should not send anything you can't live without. Carnival's wash and fold laundry service is in hot water and thus can cause shrinkage. It isn't meant for delicates. For everyday stuff that doesn't shrink and isn't delicate and if you don't want it to be hung up, it's fine. Just want you to have realistic expectations. And it won't smell like Downy or Snuggle when you get it back. :-) If you're not picky about your laundry, it will be fine.

Any additional benefits? How often can you get you laundry done? Priority boarding etc?

Thanks for any info!

Congratulations on becoming platinum. Be aware Carnival's brand ambassador has stated on his social media page recently that VIFP benefits are currently under review, and we will all have to wait and see what changes Carnival announces at their convenience.

The best way to take advantage of the platinum wash and fold laundry service is to use the paper bag in your cabin drawer and place your dirty laundry in there in the morning. And be sure your cabin steward knows about it as early as possible in the day. If your cabin steward gets it to the laundry earlier in the day, you'll likely have your clean laundry waiting for you in your cabin later the same day. Your laundry is washed along with a lot of other ship's laundry, so you will need to think about getting it to the laundry timely. If you don't mind next day service, timing isn't so important. Platinum gets complimentary wash & fold laundry service as follows: 2 bags on 3 – 6 day cruises, 3 bags on 7-12 day cruises, 5 bags on a 12+ day cruises.

Priority embarkation and debarkation are every cruise for platinum guests.

Enjoy your platinum benefits.

https://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

I've been happy with the free laundry perk and always come home with clean clothes. I just open the bags to make sure I got everything back. There was the one time I got someone else's stuff switched with mine but the steward sorted that out in no time. Glad I didn't just pack everything wrapped up without checking.

I have always wondered if for the laundry it is two bags per person or cabin as we usually have a family of four in the room all platinum and only every have two bags in the dresser and just presume that if we needed more we could just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree . . . . .however, you may have to remind them. My first PLATINUM cruise I didn't get a PLATINUM card and went to the Purser and asked why. They went in the back, did some checking and came out apologizing up and down with my NEW PLATINUM card. Later in the day an officer came to my cabin and gave me a letter of apology and a bottle of wine and apologized up and down all over the place again. Kind of nice. :D

To be fair, this was back in the "days of yore" when there were maybe only 30 to 40 PLATINUMS on any given cruise.:rolleyes:

I remember my mom got a new passport and carnival accidentally created a new vifp account for her and one account had all cruises and platinum status and the other account had only the cruises since the new passport and gold status and they must just randomly chose which account to use and she always got the platinum one. Skip to the sunshine when she checked in she was given a gold card and gold perks and she went to guest services on the second day and they explained this is what had happened but she did take advantage of both the platinum and gold drink voucher [emoji13].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just turned platinum on Carnival and doing a b2b and was planning to use the laundry service as I have done on NCL satisfactorally. However, a recent post said they do all laundry in hot, unlike NCL that uses cold water. Almost everything I will bring is labeled cold water wash, if it is true that Carnival uses hot, I don't know if I can use it at all. Any recent info on the laundry service? I know that they have self service machines but was hoping not to have to use them.

Once with free laundry, we did not get all items back. So now we photo the items spread out on the bed so we know which item(s) did not get returned. It helps when describing to you steward so he/she can help find it/them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great idea! My stuff comes back cleaner than what I get at home. I set the bag outside the door in the morning and it's back by 7 pm.