Cannot access NCL US website from Canada?

gerry1.10

Hi there

Since I came back from my long cruise last week I have not been able to get on the NCL.com website. It now redirects me to the ca website. I even called NCL technical support and they denied it is from their end.

Anybody with an insight on this issue?

Thanks

gerry1.10

Edited by gerry1.10

I had the same issue.

Check out the linked thread below. In post #14 Tunnel Bear is mentioned. I installed it and it let me view the US NCL site. I do like seeing the Canadian dollars, but if we've booked something in USD it's nice to be able to watch for price drops without having to call NCL.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2433206

Hi there.Since I came back from my long cruise last week I have not been able to get on the NCL.com website. It now redirects me to the ca website. I even called NCL technical support and they denied it is from their end.Anybody with an insight on this issue?Thanks. gerry1.10

Gerry, welcome to Cruise Critic. Yup! If you are in the Great White North, you will be redirected to the NCL site which quotes in Canadian dollars. This is unfortunate as it makes fare comparisons almost impossible due to conversion rate fluctuations...but...if you log in using a VPN based in the U.S., you will still be able to access NCL.com and see fares in U.S. dollars. Good luck...

I had the same issue.

Check out the linked thread below. In post #14 Tunnel Bear is mentioned. I installed it and it let me view the US NCL site. I do like seeing the Canadian dollars, but if we've booked something in USD it's nice to be able to watch for price drops without having to call NCL.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2433206

I have now downloaded Tunnel Bear. How do you get to ncl.com. all it says i am in the US with a map.....then what?

thanks

gerrry1.10

I have now downloaded Tunnel Bear. How do you get to ncl.com. all it says i am in the US with a map.....then what?

thanks

gerrry1.10

I use it in Chrome and it's on my toolbar beside my address bar. If you click on the little bear it turns TunnelBear on and off. If it shows you're in the US with a map maybe just try typing ncl.com into the address bar. I'm sorry I'm really not a lot of help. To be honest I'm a couple of drinks in, on my laptop in a hotel room in New Jersey after a long day, and I'm boarding the Breakaway tomorrow! I think my brain is already on vacation.

Hopefully someone else will jump in to help. :) If not there must be a decent help section on the TunnelBear website because I was able to figure it out. Just make sure you toggle it off after you're done using it because the free plan only comes with so many mb per month.

I use it in Chrome and it's on my toolbar beside my address bar. If you click on the little bear it turns TunnelBear on and off. If it shows you're in the US with a map maybe just try typing ncl.com into the address bar. I'm sorry I'm really not a lot of help. To be honest I'm a couple of drinks in, on my laptop in a hotel room in New Jersey after a long day, and I'm boarding the Breakaway tomorrow! I think my brain is already on vacation.

Hopefully someone else will jump in to help. :) If not there must be a decent help section on the TunnelBear website because I was able to figure it out. Just make sure you toggle it off after you're done using it because the free plan only comes with so many mb per month.

Thanks C-line. I will figure it out eventually. Have a wonderful cruise. Breakaway is great! Say hello to Mustafa the F&B director if he is on!

Thanks C-line. I will figure it out eventually. Have a wonderful cruise. Breakaway is great! Say hello to Mustafa the F&B director if he is on!

Breakaway is fantastic - we're glad to be going again. :) Good luck with Tunnel Bear - it's too bad NCL won't show us the US prices online without a workaround like that, especially since some of us book in US instead of Canadian.