Best Restaurant on Formal nights? Allure.

Hi. We will be cruising in April on the Allure and in the old fashioned type - meaning I'll be in a formal gown and hubby in a tux. Which of all the dining venues would be the most "dressy" or formal? Thanks!

Chef's Table and 150 Central Park.

On the opposite side of the coin, which would be the least formal? I would think Giovanni's, but not sure. Thanks.

I'd go with Giovanni's or Sabor for least formal.

Edited by clarea

I think the MDR does it well during formal nights. I'd go to specialty restaurants on non-formal nights.

I agree with this. We usually don't go super formal on any night and we find that it feels more comfortable in the specialty restaurants to not be super formal.

That said, if you are looking for a special dining venue to experience while you are dressed up- I think Chef's Table is great or 150 Central Park. They are a little more upscale.

I love Giovanni's Table. I would highly recommend dining there at some point, but it may feel a little less "special."

I'd go with Giovanni's or Sabor for least formal.

Sabor definitely for "least formal." Giovanni's is a close second. Of course, there is always the WJ. LOL :p

WJ is definitely not specialty, but definitely IS informal.

Edited by legaljen1969

We loved Chops when we sailed on Allure. We were dressed for formal night, and my husband had requested an outside table, and it was quite lovely.

We had a wonderful evening, including a great meal with fantastic service.

150 Central Park for formal night, for sure. It is beyond awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

150 Central Park is the most elegant of the specialty restaurants on board. If we talk about food, then both 150 CP and Chef's Table are the way to go, because their dishes can be on par with a Michelin star-rated restaurant.

But if the OP really wants to have the "old school/elegant experience" then MDR... What is more elegant than having dinner in the same room where the captain is?

Do people still wear long dresses for formal night or is that a thing of the past??

Fortunately yes, some passengers maintain that formality, which I really enjoy to watch. I think long dresses and tuxedos makes you feel that you are in a special place.

We are super excited to dress up since everything in life seems so causal these days. It's nice to get all dressed up and feel special and beautiful. And I love seeing my man in a tux. Just nice to make an effort once in a while. :-). Long beaded gowns for me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums