Breakaway Entertainment?

dongordon

Leaving in less than two weeks on a 14 day Breakaway Cruise.

Can anyone tell me the best shows to see and other entertainment onboard that is outstanding (a must see! :))?

Thanks.

Don

Edited by dongordon

You should have booked your Rock of Ages, Burn the Floor, Wine Lovers the Musical, and Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy about 77 days ago. Along with specialty dining. Most would be sold out now,,, and you will need to book onboard.

Book your one Second City show on embarkation day (using the touch screen kiosks is the easiest way). Early shows are family oriented,,, late shows 18+.

Edited by BirdTravels

I thought that Howl at the Moon was great fun. It got rowdier as the night went on, so if you prefer things to be a bit more subdued, go to an earlier set. I missed out on Second City, which is a regret (and now a high priority for me 2018 cruise!).

I had no trouble getting reservations for shows and dining once on board the ship, but I'm a solo traveler. Finding a seat for one is easier than for a group of four. I wasn't too taken with any of the shows in the Breakaway Theater. Burn the Floor was alright, but nothing life-changing. I didn't see Rock of Ages because I'm not generally a fan of musicals built around pre-existing music - trying to shoehorn in a story doesn't generally work for me.

I also really enjoyed the Q&A session with various officers on the ship. The hotel director, food and beverage director, etc. Those were held in the Atrium, which is just as packed as everyone says. Get there early if you want a seat!

even if you dont like dancing, go see burn the floor, i hate dancing shows on tv. but i really did enjoy this show. also you can see the actors in the MDR on some nights at 9pm. very up close. this was nice. and yes i hate dancing stuff!

rock of ages is really really good with the old music but not kid friendly. just leave the kids in the car with the window cracked. they will be ok.

celebrity dance off in atrium is probably the only show i felt worth it fighting to see in the atrium. even if you are there early you will literally fight for a seat though.

carla? i think was in the theater the last night. it was something to do. more broadway type stuff.

i saw 5 minutes of the guys with the dueling pianos (kids didnt like it) and it seemed very engaging.

i missed things like officer talks and hibachi demonstrations. but did go to the roll call so at least got to see who they were.

I enjoyed Burn the Floor much more than I thought I would. Rock of Ages wasn't bad by any means, but was not my favorite NCL show. Howl at the Moon and Second City were both lots of fun. The dance parties up at Spice were also fun, if you enjoy that type of thing.

I have a review of the breakaway from Sept'16

Burn the floor was good....

Rock of Ages was terrible...and I did bring my 12 year old son, no issues

what you don't want to miss...is the Dueling Pianos....

4 shows...went to all of them

Ben Michaels, the bald guy with dark beard is AWESOME!!!! I know one of the other guys, Jeff Taylor is not there anymore, and not sure about the 3rd, very young kid.

I stumped Ben with a request. Just ask him what the guy wearing Gronk #89 jersey requested and you will sure get a laugh out of him.