What if 4th passenger can't go

vbecky

I know I have read some older threads but can't seem to find anything current. We have 4 people booked in a balcony room and the 4th passenger can't go. Is it best to do a no show day of or call and get 4th passenger taken off room? Thanks

You can be moved to a 3 person cabin if you no longer meet the occupancy requirements if you cancel them, so be prepared to have that as a possibility. It depends on what rate you booked under and what the cancelation penalties would be. Times like these is where having a PVP makes things easier.

You will need to figure out how much you will be out with each option and then decide so a call to Carnival if you booked direct or your TA if you used one is in order.

I know I have read some older threads but can't seem to find anything current. We have 4 people booked in a balcony room and the 4th passenger can't go. Is it best to do a no show day of or call and get 4th passenger taken off room? Thanks

No show is best.

Assuming you are very close to the sailing date... It makes absolutely no difference unless you are in love with your cabin. There is a small chance they could move you from a 4 person cabin to a 3 person cabin... but the main issue for why a no show is preferable is that if you cancel the 2nd person in a 2 person cabin, it becomes a solo cabin which changes the pricing structure. Canceling the 4th person will forfeit their fare, but won't change it to solo pricing.

Personally, I would call to have the person taken off the room. They are currently a soul on board and if there's someone out there on your sailing that tries to add someone to their booking prior to sailing when it's "full" they won't be able to. Since you know that person won't be there, there's no reason to hold a lifeboat spot for him/her.

Edited by sanger727

Thank you so much for all your responses. Carnival also did say the same. I am curious if anyone knows tho, Will I be able to purchase a cheers package for just myself? I am assuming the 4th passenger name would be removed from room if a no show? Thanks

Thank you so much for all your responses. Carnival also did say the same. I am curious if anyone knows tho, Will I be able to purchase a cheers package for just myself? I am assuming the 4th passenger name would be removed from room if a no show? Thanks

No, everyone has to have the cheers package in the room.

I should have stated clearer, If my 4th passenger is a no show the other people in the room would be adult over 21 and 2 under 21. So wondering if after the no show passenger is removed from the room would I then be able to purchase cheers for the only remaining 21 over person in room?

I should have stated clearer, If my 4th passenger is a no show the other people in the room would be adult over 21 and 2 under 21. So wondering if after the no show passenger is removed from the room would I then be able to purchase cheers for the only remaining 21 over person in room?

Yes, you can. If you buy it before you sail both will be charged, but if you wait until you are on the ship and the other person is a no show then only you will be charged. You will pay the onboard price of $5 more per day though.