Carry on Soda

gardengirl2011

they might open your box anyway so I imagine loose is fine. But dang, what a miserable way to wrangle sodas. maybe a couple plastic shopping bags? If you depart from Florida you can stop at a Publix grocery store and get a few. I carry all kinds of things in Publix bags. Have fun!

I just pack enough sodas to last me long enough to get to the first port.

Then I buy sodas. I buy sodas at several ports as I cruise.

Interesting! Do you get local sodas that you can't get in the US? I do that with beer. Well, I don't bring them on the ship but I try to drink at least one local beer everywhere I go - even in the states for that lol.

Interesting! Do you get local sodas that you can't get in the US? I do that with beer. Well, I don't bring them on the ship but I try to drink at least one local beer everywhere I go - even in the states for that lol.

That's what I'm doing this trip. The can only rule is kind of a bummer but I like picking up non US sodas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you bring your sodas in the box be prepared for the drink inspectors to cut the box open. I saw this in Mobile. Several people were left trying to carry the cans in their arms. I actually had a bag a tour operator gave me so I was able to help one person out with the bag but I saw other trash their cans after their boxes were destroyed.

It's a bummer to have to take on only cans. I liked bringing a few 20z bottles of Dr Pepper on board because they didn't sell Dr P, & I could recap the bottle for future refreshment. I think they put a stop to the bottled water/soda because too many people were smuggling other things on. Other cruise lines still allow bottled soda/ water. Durn it.

I just pack enough sodas to last me long enough to get to the first port.

Then I buy sodas. I buy sodas at several ports as I cruise.

I was under the assumption you can only bring on sodas from your port of origin, just like wine.

I was under the assumption you can only bring on sodas from your port of origin, just like wine.

Nope, people carry them on in bulk from CVS in Key West and CVS in San Juan. Dh is a hard core diet mtn dew guy and he buys 24 LOOSE cans in Aruba and St Martin to carry on the ship.

If you bring your sodas in the box be prepared for the drink inspectors to cut the box open. I saw this in Mobile. Several people were left trying to carry the cans in their arms. I actually had a bag a tour operator gave me so I was able to help one person out with the bag but I saw other trash their cans after their boxes were destroyed.

We had this happen in Charleston SC on the Ecstasy. They threw the cans on the table and they spurted. Was a mess. They did have tape to put the boxes back together again. Crappy to go through this for them hunting alcohol. Miami and NOLA they just looked in the boxes. SC was crazy on the hunt!

Edited by tbbtravels

That is correct. In August I tried to bring on a 6 pack from Cozumel and they took them. ONLY THE PORT OF ORGIN.

That is correct. In August I tried to bring on a 6 pack from Cozumel and they took them. ONLY THE PORT OF ORGIN.

They shouldn't have. This is insane. At least do the same you do with alcohol then and keep them for the last night. Treating soda as a higher level of contraband than alcohol is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There for a while when they started the water bottle ban it was crazy and they allowed nothing to brought on after the port of origin. The ships I have been on after that time, I have experienced no prob with that anymore. We bring on canned sodas at the other ports during our cruises.

If they confiscate anything at boarding I go to guest services. As I did with 4 packs of 4 low carb shakes in July on the Carnival Dream. I don't bring on alcohol and I don't bring on bottled water or bottles of soda. So they don't get to take my stuff. I notify special needs I am low carb. Most of the time I just bring powder but sometimes when I travel I have to hit a walgreens or cvs and pick up the 4 packs.

Just wished Carnival would adopt a policy and not change from it. The case by case crap and ship by ship and security team by security team drives me bonkers.