Ft Lauderdale parking

siren

Can anyone give me their experience with parking at the port? I read on one thread that the parking garage was a long distance from the terminal. Trying to decide if we should park off site instead. The cost to park off site is only 25.00 less. I am going for the "no aggravation" factor!:)

Have parked there a bunch of times. For terminal 18 where the Allure/Harmony leaves from (I think) the parking is located across where you exit from Customs/Immigration. For the other terminal RCL uses (for Freedom, etc.) , parking is at the front of the ship. I did not notice that they were far. I know you can save some money off-site, but I like the convenience and lack of hassle of parking at the port. An elderly person once said to me (about the parking), "we go on a several thousand dollar cruise and save a few dollars by parking off-site, does not seem worth it." I took his learned advice, never had a hassle.

All of the parking garages/lots are close to the terminal they serve. The only issue would be if your ship leaves from terminal and returns to a different terminal. This usually only happens during the holidays. In that case, you will take a shuttle back to the garage/lot next to the terminal you embarked at. A bit of a hassle. In that case an offsite lot with shuttle may make sense.

They do have shuttles from the parking garages to the terminals. Park and Go was the easiest service I have ever used. They load your luggage on the shuttle and drive to dropoff at terminal. They were at the dock when we returned and they drop you off right where your car is parked. Port parking is $15/day. Park and Go can be reserved online for $8.99/day if you pay ahead. Price difference for us will be $60 in March. No aggravation there!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just booked park n fly on line today. We will be on 21 day cruise and the savings was substantial, over 125.00. They have a shuttle that takes you right to your terminal. Gets great reviews, look them up on-line. They were recommended by other cruisers who use the .

They do have shuttles from the parking garages to the terminals. Park and Go was the easiest service I have ever used. They load your luggage on the shuttle and drive to dropoff at terminal. They were at the dock when we returned and they drop you off right where your car is parked. Port parking is $15/day. Park and Go can be reserved online for $8.99/day if you pay ahead. Price difference for us will be $60 in March. No aggravation there!

This was our choice on our cruise last April. Fantastic experience. So well organized and would use them again if we sail out of Fort Lauderdale again.