Two Questions

mevs904

1. We have our boarding passes for our 1-19-17 Royal Princess cruise.

the pass says FLL1.

Does that mean that we will be embarking from Pier 1?

2. We are flying into FLL 2 days before our cruise, have rented car and hope to do a little sightseeing before our cruise. Is there a daily parking lot near the pier where we can park and then walking around the 17th St. area? One of the things that we would like to do is take the water taxi from there.

Thanks for any advice that your can give.

1. We have our boarding passes for our 1-19-17 Royal Princess cruise.

the pass says FLL1.

Does that mean that we will be embarking from Pier 1?

2. We are flying into FLL 2 days before our cruise, have rented car and hope to do a little sightseeing before our cruise. Is there a daily parking lot near the pier where we can park and then walking around the 17th St. area? One of the things that we would like to do is take the water taxi from there.

1. No clue what that means.

2. There is a parking lot underneath the 17th Street Causeway that you can park for $1 per hour. That is also where you can catch both the Ft Lauderdale Water Taxi and the Hollywood Water Taxi.

Thanks, Lido Deck. The parking info is especially helpful. This is our first time sailing out of Port Everglades. I'm sure that we will figure out which pier to go to.

What do you mean by which pier?

Are you referring to which Terminal your ship will be at? They'll tell you that at the guard shack.

Since you're on Princess, most likely you will be in Terminal 2 which is right behind the Convention Center which is just off 17th and Eisenhower. If there are two Princess ships in port at the same time then the other will be at Terminal 22 or so.

Your documents will state what terminal you'll need to head to.

Did you book air with Princess? Are you flying in to FLL...Terminal 1? Just a thought what that means.

Edited by eandj

No, we are flying in independently a couple of days earlier. Yes, "terminal" was the word that I was looking for. I don't believe that the Regal will be in port on the day that we leave, so the Royal may get either terminal 1 or 2. On the day that we return the Regal will be in port also and I read earlier on these boards that when both the Regal and Royal are in port the Regal gets 1 or 2 and the Royal goes to 21 or 22. We were just wondering which terminal we should report to, but as Lido Deck has said there is a guard shack that will direct us. In any case, this information has been very helpful. Thank you.

No, we are flying in independently a couple of days earlier. Yes, "terminal" was the word that I was looking for. I don't believe that the Regal will be in port on the day that we leave, so the Royal may get either terminal 1 or 2. On the day that we return the Regal will be in port also and I read earlier on these boards that when both the Regal and Royal are in port the Regal gets 1 or 2 and the Royal goes to 21 or 22. We were just wondering which terminal we should report to, but as Lido Deck has said there is a guard shack that will direct us. In any case, this information has been very helpful. Thank you.

First, you are really overthinking this and are coming off as frantic.

Second, cruise ships do not use Terminal 1.

Third, you do know that Princess has more than two ships, right? The Island Princess will also be in port on 1/19.

There is really nothing to walk around and see at on 17th Street. It is a very busy industrial street.

You'd be much better off picking up the water taxi at the Doubletree Gallery One. Park in the very last Galleria Mall garage for free and walk over to the Doubletree. The hotel is on the Intracoastal Waterway at Sunrise. Otherwise you will pay to park.