Cheers yet again...

flutepilot

On another cruise line, your card is encoded for their version of 'cheers' when you get it. I have heard that Carnival requires you to go to one of the bars to get it activated. Is this true, and what about ordering with your boarding pass before you can even get your S&S card? How does this all work?

Dan

Depends on when you purchase it. It's just a sticker (non-removable....it will tear) on your card to denote that you have Cheers. If you purchased it before boarding the sticker will be on your card when you get the card so it is already activated. If you decide to buy Cheers once on board then the first bar you go to will put the sticker on it for you thus activating the card.

If you're on a ship that doesn't give you your card at check in and you need to use your boarding pass until you get it, then do just that. Keep your boarding pass available and show it to the bartender. The system knows if you've purchased cheers.

There's only one type, so either you have it or you don't. The sticker is just for easy identification for the bartenders. They will put one on for you with your first order, but the system will show you have it as soon as they swipe the card.

I've found that even when buying it well in advance of boarding that my S&S card does not have the sticker, so the first bartender I visit always puts it on for me. It seems like there's a lot of threads around here about the "all-important sticker", the sticker couldn't matter less as it is on the computer system that your folio # has cheers. OP if you're on one of the sailing who changed the process for getting your S&S cards, your boarding pass can be used by the bartender to look up your booking/folio and ring up 1 drink against your cheers package that way.

I've found that even when buying it well in advance of boarding that my S&S card does not have the sticker, so the first bartender I visit always puts it on for me. It seems like there's a lot of threads around here about the "all-important sticker", the sticker couldn't matter less as it is on the computer system that your folio # has cheers. OP if you're on one of the sailing who changed the process for getting your S&S cards, your boarding pass can be used by the bartender to look up your booking/folio and ring up 1 drink against your cheers package that way.

this post nails it. don't worry about the sticker on the sign and sail card it doesn't matter. on my last cruise i pre ordered the cheers package and when i received my sign and sail card it had no cheers sticker. i went to the bar and ordered a drink and the price was o + tax because we were still in us waters. i didn't have a sticker until my 4th day when the employee at the coffee bar finally said oh you don't have a sticker and put one on. then the next day the sticker fell off in the pool and i didn't have one for the rest of the cruise. never had a problem ordering a drink and having it covered under the cheers.

Yea I'm not sure why there is even a sticker, to make people feel better about buying it maybe. Don't have to take it to bar or anything, I just ordered a drink from those people carrying the sailaway drinks, he ran it and it had sticker when I got it back. No big deal, couldnt even see my sticker by the end of my cruise either.